Adventure Night / FIXED - final edition.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#1: No icon Adventure Night / FIXED - final edition. Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:34 pm
    —
ADVENTURE NIGHT

CHANGES:

When you killed the great skaarj, crash.
FIXED. Should be no problem now.

Changed the teleporters. Should be more easy for players now to pick the right one.
The teleporters are now blocked by movers and will go down when the boss stage is completed.

FAST TELEPORT SYSTEM is now directly active when you enter the crystal teleport area.
Saves you miles of walking.

Added a bit more monsters, and gave the bosses a bit more health.
Otherwise the map will be too fast completed and that is no fun.

Added extra intro - guide, tells you what to do.

New download
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Terraniux

Last edited by Terraniux on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:56 am; edited 9 times in total

#2: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: POTS PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:50 am
    —
DELETED

Last edited by POTS on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: MHAD PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:17 pm
    —
Terraniux wrote (View Post):
The map Artic Adventure was buggy and unstable.
I will fix the unstable parts and make the map more exciting!

A new first result:

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Tips and Ideas are welcome.

Terraniux

Does your map have 3 or more checkpoints?

All I need is 3 checkpoints in my map and it'll hopefully be finished.

#4: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:53 pm
    —
MHAD wrote (View Post):
The map Artic Adventure was buggy and unstable.
I will fix the unstable parts and make the map more exciting!

A new first result:

Get registered or Log in

Tips and Ideas are welcome.

Terraniux

Does your map have 3 or more checkpoints?

All I need is 3 checkpoints in my map and it'll hopefully be finished.

You mean a first, a second and a third spawnpoint?,

Not yet. They come later. I can tell you how to make them if you wish?
PM me please.

#5: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: SGTFrAnKo PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:38 am
    —
Talking of spawn points and that things...mate,can u tell me the part of Teleporters?(Place them,place destination,etc)
Im making a new Long Corridor and to finish it i have to place teleporters,all the other is done.

#6: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: MHAD PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:59 am
    —
SGTFrAnKo wrote (View Post):
Talking of spawn points and that things...mate,can u tell me the part of Teleporters?(Place them,place destination,etc)
Im making a new Long Corridor and to finish it i have to place teleporters,all the other is done.

I can help you with that mate...

Click the actor browser.

Go to NavigationPoint. Find Teleporter, expand it, and go to visible teleporter.

If you want both of them to teleport to eachother, then go to events > tag and then Teleporter > URL and make all 4 fields for both teleporters the same.

If you want one to go to another, but not the other way around, only make the URL  and leave tag alone on that one, and the select the other one and make the tag the same as the URL on the other teleporter.

#7: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: SGTFrAnKo PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:13 am
    —
And for wat is the favorites teleporter? ty for the tutorial.

#8: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:28 am
    —
In case it's not intentional, your fire is too red. Fire light is closer to orange, hue somewhere between 25-32.

And this red building brush is likely to cause BSP errors later on. Brush angles have to remain convex to prevent bugs.

#9: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 pm
    —
Cyberia-Mix wrote (View Post):
In case it's not intentional, your fire is too red. Fire light is closer to orange, hue somewhere between 25-32.

And this red building brush is likely to cause BSP errors later on. Brush angles have to remain convex to prevent bugs.

Good point, I will change it.
This lighting is just fast placed, not realistic yet.
But perhaps you forgot also something, when I make the lighting range less than 30 you just see an orange spot on the floor and the rest of the surrounding area will be dark.
Some extra 'ambient' light should do it.

#10: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:10 pm
    —
Red is one of the brightest colors, so when you shift the hue of a light to another color, it gets darker. Aside from ambient lighting (works better for large areas so it's fine here), you compensate this by raising the brightness and/or radius of the light actor.

#11: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: MHAD PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:50 pm
    —
And for wat is the favorites teleporter? ty for the tutorial.

I'm not sure, I haven't used it. Andd np.

#12: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:31 pm
    —
(Sorry for OT)

@MHAD: Also remember that for a teleporter that is destination only to set benabled as FALSE, or players will get an error message (And players always notice errors, no matter how tiny, even if your map is epic Razz )

(On topic)
Terraniux, is that fire texture Masked, or is it just the screenshot? (FireTextures should be Masked and Unlit) and should also probably have a corona (The one that the MercFlare effect uses as a texture is good for flames)

But a other than those little comments, very nice looking map  Very Happy1

#13: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:07 pm
    —
Haha, this is very funny to read all these comments, teaching me how to make a map.
I made more than 50 maps (AS, SP CTF DM DOM and MH ). Twisted Evil , yh I know Im a nolifer sometimes.

Anyway I appreciate the tips and suggestions  hooray bouncing  Idea  Wink
The more comments/suggestions about my map, the better the result!!! Very Happy1
If it is negative or positive, I dont care... as long it helps me :wink:

The only way to archieve a real good map, is with player inputs ... just like you do guys!!!
GREAT!!!

The screenshot is just to give players an idea how the map could be.

When the map is complete, ready to be tested I will record a demo.
This map was ment to be my first 'best' map, maybe I will make it even better than CrystalMine v2, perhaps even bigger.

drinking buddies

#14: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Zacman_the_damnedLocation: Under your bed with a chainsaw :) PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:11 pm
    —
It does look very nice ^^ It reminds me of an SP map but I'm at loss to say which one... When my brain starts behaving I'll say (It's a good map it makes me think of Razz)

#15: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:23 pm
    —

You mean this part? :

Get registered or Log in

#16: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 pm
    —
I changed the old map into a complete new map.

The result so far:

+ The map is not day anymore, but night. Makes the map more exciting.
+ Added new music
+ Lensflares / coronas
+ Secrets
+ More inventory items
+ Hidden inventory items like redeemers and shieldbelds.

The 4 teleporter dimensions are completely changed. Wink
There are also some surprises Twisted Evil Muhahaha  Razz

Screenshots coming soon.

#17: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 pm
    —
Nice, looking forward to seeing it.

#18: No icon Re: Old map project: Artic Adventure Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:08 pm
    —
+ The map is not day anymore, but night. Makes the map more exciting.

Liiiiiiies! It just makes the lighting easier!

Keep up the good work.

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 5