Forums are a bit dead....
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> General Discussion

#1: No icon Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:06 am
    —
What can we do to live things up a bit?

I guess that Bob and BW are busy with real life stuff and that sort of things.
Should I open a new topic of my lastest new project or...... have you any good idea?

And now that things are a bit empty and so dead would't be better to have a active admin / or modder extra?
See the forum statistics a good user.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Most of the staff (especially the girls) are not seen in ages.

Just some thoughs.

Last edited by Terraniux on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 4 times in total

#2: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: FAZILocation: Szczecin PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:28 am
    —
after the summer everything will be as before

#3: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:36 pm
    —
lal.. u sure the forums are dead seems active to me.

#4: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:27 pm
    —
Lol?! who is this this spammer dj51102?

@ Hellfire, before all this it sure was a boring dead forum.

#5: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Jetlag PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 pm
    —
lol why is trying to sell wow gold here?  I didnt know u could use wow gold in ut. (lol) Anyways, its probably just a guy trying to steal accounts on wow.

#6: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 pm
    —
We actually have 2 spammers, dj51102 and Kaal.

#7: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:08 pm
    —
Forum cleaned ;)

Kaal isnt quite as bad as dj51102, but he is on a warning already, and will be 'cleaned' also if I see anything too spammy or anything that looks like a repeat of before.

#8: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 am
    —
FAZI wrote (View Post):
after the summer everything will be as before

And what if it is not?
Get registered or Log in

The staff team really needs some adjustments.
I mean where IS the the "staff" and what did they so far? With exception of Bob and BW of course.
Think about it. I just hate to see a community that was in the past such a great place to be becomes a empty desert.

I am the only one that tries to keep dU a bit alive by providing new maps and opening topics.
I mapped these Monsterhunt maps for destination Unreal:
MH-Destinationdancefloor
MH-AdventureNight[fina]l
MH-Skaarjdungeon
MH-Cube
MH-CrystalMine
MH-CrystalMine2
MH-CrystalMine2-2011
MH-CrystalMine3
MH-Afterdark [Will be uploaded next  year I think ]

and also made other materials and stuff for this community.

I really like to see an answer from admins to this.

#9: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:44 pm
    —
Terraniux wrote (View Post):

I am the only one that tries to keep dU a bit alive by providing new maps and opening topics.

Disagree with that, how about all the players that play on the server.
How about the people that can't map? U don't need to map or post a lot to keep things alive...
Summer time most people are busy or not wasting their time on a game.

I agree with the admin part though, none of the 3 admins (server admins) has been on in like a half year, everyone's free to do what they want on the server.

#10: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:48 pm
    —
HellFire wrote (View Post):
Terraniux wrote (View Post):

Disagree with that, how about all the players that play on the server.
How about the people that can't map? U don't need to map or post a lot to keep things alive...
Summer time most people are busy or not wasting their time on a game.

I agree with the admin part though, none of the 3 admins (server admins) has been on in like a half year, everyone's free to do what they want on the server.

hm.... perhaps I didn't write it as I ment. Ok yes, the summer is always a bit quiet time.
The main server is very active that is true, but I mean the online foums and user activity here online 'In the dU community'.
How many of the total registred user here have stop by just to say 'hello' and started being a part of the community?
Get registered or Log in

Members:http://destinationunreal.com/modules.php?name=Members_List

About new maps, so your saying it does not make any difference to have a server with stock maps or a a server with stock AND new maps?  So your actually also saying that there is no point in developing online (MH) team maps  because It doesn't have a proper purpose except giving players a great time playing the map? So dU would still be the same without me and other mappers  Surprised ?

Certain persons can't wait to see new maps (from me) because they think it is important to have a  mapper that keep things moving and alive rather than players will leave the server because they are tired of playing a certain maps 1000000 times.
So yes I do keep things alive and so are you with your maps.

#11: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:00 pm
    —
I'm saying in general, it's not necessary to map to keep things alive.
If there were no mappers it wouldn't mean a forum would be dead.
Thing I do say is that since we have mappers here it does help to keep the server more fun.

#12: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:17 pm
    —
HellFire wrote (View Post):
I'm saying in general, it's not necessary to map to keep things alive.
If there were no mappers it wouldn't mean a forum would be dead.
Thing I do say is that since we have mappers here it does help to keep the server more fun.

You interpretated my posts wrong I guess, I am not gonna explain once again.
"If there were no mappers it wouldn't mean a forum would be dead."
No of course not, a forum and a gameserver are two completely different things, I understand that perfectly (doh)

But do you actually understand what I said and ment?

#13: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Jetlag PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:37 am
    —
Ok, I guess I'll add my two cents to this topic..   I highly agree on the admins (server) suggestion.. A few of them havent been seen in months.. I have a idea on how to keep the forums alive.. Most people just join so they can take advantage of the private server.. Maybe lock the private server, until  they have posted 3 times on the forum.. It's very easy.. (Introduction, games u like to play, maybe a music vid etc etc) But, yes the forums have been dead for some time now..  I just like to see a community (especially this one)  stay alive..

#14: No icon Re: Forums are a bit dead.... Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 am
    —
Jetlag wrote (View Post):
Ok, I guess I'll add my two cents to this topic..   I highly agree on the admins (server) suggestion.. A few of them havent been seen in months.. I have a idea on how to keep the forums alive.. Most people just join so they can take advantage of the private server.. Maybe lock the private server, until  they have posted 3 times on the forum.. It's very easy.. (Introduction, games u like to play, maybe a music vid etc etc) But, yes the forums have been dead for some time now..  I just like to see a community (especially this one)  stay alive..

Maybe we should start a poll or something so users can select what they want, so the admins know what they can do about it.

destination Unreal -> General Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1