S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> Unreal Tournament UT99

#1: No icon S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 pm
    —
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Last edited by HellFire on Wed May 23, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: No icon Re: UNAI Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:30 pm
    —
and ??  Confused

#3: No icon Re: UNAI Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:28 pm
    —
Unai wanted to play with S3TC textures.
This is a tutorial to make it not lag with windows 7 / Vista.

Last edited by HellFire on Wed May 23, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: No icon Re: UNAI Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:58 pm
    —
nice one hellfire. I get the sound stutter and crackling problem so will give the config settings it suggests a try and see if it fixes it!

#5: No icon Re: UNAI Author: Unai PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 pm
    —
Ok, thanks hellfi.

Im going to try them now, btw, are there S3TC for all .utx packages?

And imagine there are maps with custom textures... Without S3TC, which happens when there are different texture types? UT Crashes? Or just those textures look crappy and the S3TC ones look good :P

Upload some screens Razz

#6: No icon Re: UNAI Author: Unai PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:19 pm
    —
ROFL, btw...

I remember i dont have the CD 2... LOL, if i can download 'em from somewhere, pls post a link here Razz  Twisted Evil

#7: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:06 pm
    —
-BoB- wrote (View Post):

nice one hellfire. I get the sound stutter and crackling problem so will give the config settings it suggests a try and see if it fixes it!

I had it also + a lot of lag in every map, works smooth now.
Just watch out with the server files and the S3TC files (if you planned installing it also).

Unai wrote (View Post):

Ok, thanks hellfi.

Im going to try them now, btw, are there S3TC for all .utx packages?

And imagine there are maps with custom textures... Without S3TC, which happens when there are different texture types? UT Crashes? Or just those textures look crappy and the S3TC ones look good :P

Upload some screens Razz

S3TC is not for all textures, I think about 25% has changed.
Any custom textures won't improve afaik since those are not in the S3TC files.

Unai wrote (View Post):

ROFL, btw...

I remember i dont have the CD 2... LOL, if i can download 'em from somewhere, pls post a link here Razz  Twisted Evil

I'm not sure if it's downloadble, try to google it or just order UT + CD2 to be sure, doesn't cost shit so that's the best thing to do.

#8: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: HermskiiLocation: Houston PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:32 pm
    —
Don't use the S3TC textures from UT CD #2. They are no good. Search for "DIEHARD S3TC" and use the textures he made.

#9: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:37 pm
    —
Hermskii wrote (View Post):
Don't use the S3TC textures from UT CD #2. They are no good. Search for "DIEHARD S3TC" and use the textures he made.

I don't have problems with it?
You mean the sliding player glitch? I'm pretty sure the tutorial uses a way to fix it also (newer versions) I believe.
If that's not what you mean could you say what else?

Here Unai are some of the differences:

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

#10: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: HermskiiLocation: Houston PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:17 am
    —
Yes, I meant the sliding player glitch but his textures are superior too. If you have a work around then go for it. Enjoy those S3TC textures at all costs! LOL. They are awesome!

#11: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: Data_Destroyer PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:06 am
    —
Hermskii wrote (View Post):

Meh.... i think that Nelsona told me about it too... but i forgot what he told to me exactly  Sad    It was some months ago.....

@HellFire:  awesome pictures!  By the way, the S3TC Textures are forbidden for mapping use!  

More info about S3TC Textures:  
Get registered or Log in

#12: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: MuncherMikeLocation: Toronto PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 pm
    —
i just installed the diehard textures last night... with the ini file that u can get in the tutorial... and dam the game looks amazing!!!
here's the link to the textures, just drag them into ur texture folder... but... all of this is a 2.9gig download
Get registered or Log in

#13: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: Unai PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:29 pm
    —
Ok will try the extreme end textures from uttexture.com, that was my last doubt of trying the textures from that webpage.

Downloading...

#14: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: HermskiiLocation: Houston PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:07 am
    —
Good luck and let us know how they work for you! My S3TC textures from Diehard look awesome!

#15: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: MuncherMikeLocation: Toronto PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:46 am
    —
yup its amazing for me, every server i have went on has given me no problems at all using these textures

#16: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: Unai PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:57 pm
    —
Reasons for using S3TC... I guess this is the best UT texture ever :)

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

BTW, HELLFI, if you have some tutorial for creating nice textures from base original ones, post it here Smile Last night I tried to improve one and... Well, It's not that hard but would be awesome to know exactly how did they improve the ones that UTRP made... They have a shitty tutorial on their uttexture.com webpage... Doesnt help so much so... If u have a better photoshop tutorial (I think u said u got one Razz) post it here pls Smile Just wanna retexture some packages... At least for my own use... Or maybe would be a nice idea to export some textures from Unreal2 or UT2k4 and import them into the UT99 textura packages... But well, anyway, I prefer to try via photoshop first, Razz

#17: No icon Re: S3TC + Windows 7/ Vista fix Author: FAZILocation: Szczecin PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:38 pm
    —
very nice :thumb:

destination Unreal -> Unreal Tournament UT99

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1