MH-PurpleChristmas
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#19: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: mars007 PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 pm
    —
Thank you very much.
Very nice job!
Congratulations.
Very Happy1

#20: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: FAZILocation: Szczecin PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:53 am
    —
next time simply ask

#21: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: ReiyelLocation: Lima PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:33 pm
    —
I can see the "copyright" thing is still a big issue among mappers. I was quite sure that, according to the UT's EULA, all maps created using their editor belong to Epic and not to the author, being that the reason why you can't buy/sell/rent any custom unreal map. Let's remember the license of Unreal and the editor is just Proprietary License. But still, I'm not that sure for example, if UT99 is by now abandonware. What I see is that Epic no longer seems to have any interest in whatever is being done with everything related to their first unreal engine, but still, I'm not sure, lol.

Yes, I know that you don't want to claim property by itself over the maps and it's just a politeness thingy but it still amazes me how jealous mappers are with their work. I guess mapping does take a lot of effort and heart.

#22: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 pm
    —
I would like to see some screenshots of the map, could you include that in the first post?
It also makes sure that guests are more interested if they notice they can't see everything unless they login, or register.
I'll play the map when I am home.
Thanks.

#23: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:51 pm
    —

Last edited by Hyperion on Tue May 30, 2017 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

#24: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: ReiyelLocation: Lima PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:52 pm
    —
Hyperion wrote (View Post):
Reiyel wrote (View Post):

Yes, I know that you don't want to claim property by itself over the maps and it's just a politeness thingy but it still amazes me how jealous mappers are with their work. I guess mapping does take a lot of effort and heart.

If you wouldn't mind your work being edited and changed by other people (any work, not necessarily a map), then I'd be amazed, but I still wouldn't want to be like you.

I wouldn't sue anyone here even if I could, but I don't edit others' work and so I think that does allow me to expect the same favor in return.

We already talked.

And remember the tip: random and unsettling topic works all the time xD

#25: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Miks PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:42 pm
    —
Hyp, version ][ seems to work much smoother, is great, a single spinner is falling in void but this is not a problem, great job...

Smile

#26: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:44 am
    —

Last edited by Hyperion on Tue May 30, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

#27: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: ReiyelLocation: Lima PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 am
    —
Perhaps some magic has been used, too?

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

#28: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Miks PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm
    —
Magic or not ? Um, I think is my fault, I just changed resolution...

#29: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: ReiyelLocation: Lima PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:59 am
    —
LOL

#30: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: rork PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 am
    —
Miks wrote (View Post):
Magic or not ? Um, I think is my fault, I just changed resolution...

Clean up your screen and you'll be surprised how good the colors look  Razz

#31: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:31 pm
    —
Since I joined late on Main I tried to play it solo (challenge small). It's a REALLY hard map for solo play. Which is not necessarily a problem, but just so you know. :P

I like both the music and the colors! I saw plenty of cool things (custom projectiles, custom textures, traps) that show you put a lot of thought and effort into this map, and I appreciate this a lot! Thank you for this. :D

I suppose you won't change the map just for these little things, but here a the problems I noted:

> The big krall is too hard.
A fire krall isn't a problem in itself if you can dodge and shoot easily, but!, in your map, the trees hide monsters very well (I like this a lot) which makes you lose the advantage of distance against the fire krall. The room also doesn't really provide much space to dodge or obstacles to block fire.
My solution would be to change the projectile to something easier (these fast painful shock balls are cool), OR lower the health to something like 10-20k, especially considering you can't use ripper.
Honestly when doing this part solo I just tried skipping the fire krall ("44k lol nothx"). I died a lot while rushing around the cave (fire krall + flak tentacles + red lasers spinners + mantas!), but this is more of a consequence. :P

> One spinner outside of the map around the cave.
Haven't tried to but I guess you can't kill it where it is. So no clear bonus.

> The last part of the map (beyond the bridge) would be easier with a pulse gun or mini near the entrance of the bridge, to stop rocket skaarjs from running to your face. :(

> The manta bosses can escape and become impossible to kill.
I got killed by them when running away to the bridge (no secure place anywhere ;_;), and one manta went flying under the mountains where only redeemers can go.
This will only happen if there are no visible players when mantas are outside, so this should be rare on Main, but it can happen easily for small teams, so this is the biggest problem of the map. You need BlockMonsters on the places you don't want them to go.

#32: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:30 pm
    —

Last edited by Hyperion on Tue May 30, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

#33: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: ReiyelLocation: Lima PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:57 pm
    —
but I have to say the fire Krall was my idea and I'm so proud of it Mr. Green
I love it how the monster roasts players mercilessly and I love it how the fire can't be evaded easily Very Happy1 So, this is my preference and I wouldn't change the fire projectile for sure, even though I do realize it must be a PITA for players (I can't help that giving me a smile, though, lol)

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

#34: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Miks PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 am
    —
From my side map is OK. Last part with BlockMonsters to prevent them runing away ? I think you need a HomeBase not BlockMonsters - maybe is not an option for using mantas there, could be brutes or others. Also or some kickers I think will bring them back to restore their position. Yeah, put a few paths over bridge and link in the middle a HomeBase, just try this "at home Very Happy1".

Big Krall very strong. I like it... you know why ? Because I saw all kind of maps with Kralls acting like idiots just runing away jumping at walls being a mess. This one is THE FATHER. I died I think 12 times or more but NVM, if 10 players are cooperating (like should be in MH) that Krall doesn't have more chances.

Maybe check ... I don't know (teleports serialized, heck) - I don't like that ...

#35: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: JasonRain PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:09 pm
    —
Great map hyper and fazi, Good job

#36: No icon Re: MH-PurpleChristmas Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:54 pm
    —
An improved version of the map is now available!
Check the first post in this thread for more details.

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 3