MH-Brutes][
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

#37: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: EA_Elemental PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:56 pm
    —
Strange Map :/

#38: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][+ Author: DELETED PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:16 pm
    —
Great! Here are btw. all older maps by me:

CTF-TANECRISmakeover:  
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

DOM-FlashPoint:  
Get registered or Log in

CTF-Assault:  
Get registered or Log in

CTF-checkpointSkaarj:  
Get registered or Log in

CTF-FlakHill:  
Get registered or Log in

#39: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: Feralidragon PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 pm
    —
Looks unbelievable better Cyberia-Mix, gj (unlike the noobish first ones).

Although I personally like the 1st test the most, gives it the right feeling, the 2nd test is the second best while the 3rd quite destroys what should be the initial feeling of the map.
Just an advice btw, don't go and fix all his stuff for him (I know Kaal better than anyone in the community), I sure you he will stab you on the back and bash you from the moment he feels so, but in case you keep fixing his stuff, well all I can say is keep up the gj.

#40: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:08 pm
    —
Feralidragon wrote (View Post):
(unlike the noobish first ones)

Would you be talking about something I did? Just to be sure.

And yes the first skybox was the obvious choice but it gets really boring when playing here, while the blue one doesn't. Both are planned to be used in other MH maps btw, and there the sunset sky works better. The blue screenshot also got a couple modifications in between.

I don't know what I'm fixing in advance also. I just wanted this map to have an actual skybox, because it has good results with little efforts.
Then the buggy monsters made me curious so I investigated (which was much longer), and I learnt stuff I can reuse.

#41: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: Feralidragon PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm
    —
Cyberia-Mix wrote (View Post):
Feralidragon wrote (View Post):
(unlike the noobish first ones)

Would you be talking about something I did? Just to be sure.

No, l was talking about the 2 brute versions from Kaal himself, and how he bragged about them being "so good", yet they were worse than many "1st maps" I saw.
You did a good job, don't worry Cyberia-Mix  :thumb:

#42: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:42 am
    —
I did some crap stuft in my old times too!

#43: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: Feralidragon PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 pm
    —
^ We all did, no exceptions, but I bet you didn't go around all forums telling how good your stuff was (I certailly didn't).
Like I said, he "thinks" his own stuff is very good, when in fact it's worse than many things I saw from "noobs", and in case you criticize his stuff, he will just end trolling you (that was already seen  many times here and in other forums and websites).

But either ways, a last advice: don't feed him, or he will eat you instead (*hint* right after you finished the skybox for one of his maps, he didn't even thanked you and posted the links to the rest of his maps, does that ring any bells? In case bells didn't ring: he saw what you can do, and is already trying to use you to do more stuff and "fix" his maps, like a simple discardable tool).

#44: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 pm
    —
I have read the beyondunreal thread link posted by gopostal already. I'm doing this for myself and for the server. If I see another map I deem worth fixing, I'll do. The other ones he posted aren't MH though so it's no use for here.

#45: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: EA_Elemental PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:00 pm
    —
Some of em could be ripped together for MH Though... would still look crappy but yeh :/

#46: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 am
    —
One more thing: the monsters used to attack spectators before start because the creature factories were triggered even before the players can be recognized as specs.
If you want to avoid this the player starts must be away from the creature factories / triggers collision radius.

#47: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: DELETED PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:47 am
    —
I already fixed that!
I guess you saw the very old version from the server only.
Checkout Final2 - its simple but great.

EDIT: I btw made a counter which starts the cfs not before 25 seconds after map beginning.
And the new skybox is a dream ... .

#48: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:19 pm
    —
Kaal979 wrote (View Post):
I already fixed that!
I guess you saw the very old version from the server only.
Checkout Final2 - its simple but great.

It's not fixed in Final2 precisely. The trigger is activated right when the map finishes loading and the monsters attack nearby spectators before the game has started. If you did fix that, then you forgot to save it or something.

#49: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:00 pm
    —
We just played on the server and it was great - thanks for upload!
But it was so hard that most players had to retreat in the pillbox and the trench got bruted.
I guess thats responsibility of the strongmonster mutator.
Id like to disable this because the brutes already react berserk like
recognizing real players instead of bots.

EDIT: we were nine players what should be enough to keep them at bay ...!

#50: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: EA_Elemental PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:04 pm
    —
Just make custom projectiles for the brutes and they should stop using random projectiles.

#51: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:14 pm
    —
But I wanted them to use different ... .

#52: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: DELETED PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 pm
    —
New MH-BRUTES][Final3 update with performance improvement by changing some adds to semisolid.
Only the playerstarts seem to collide with semisolids somehow. Also added a nice monsterend effect.

Smile

#53: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:42 pm
    —
I have a great idea - why not make the brute citadel?
A military basement hidden in some moutains (like taliban).
Of course heavily defended with systems like trenches etc. .

#54: No icon Re: MH-Brutes][ Author: DELETED PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:21 pm
    —
Hell Yeah!
This becomes a Redemeers for all map!
Should be complete quiet soonish - just a bunker base
and a valley with many huge pointed cylinders which
have some holes where brutes snipers and warlords spawn.
And of course two or three uapachees at start.

Shocked

destination Unreal -> New Mapping Projects

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3