Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm
DM-UTDMS-BULLFeartower2 New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 396 Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 am
Dogs & Cats Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 am
Black Adam Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm

UT99.org mapping contest

destination Unreal Forum Index General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Terraniux netherlands.png

UT Name: Terraniux UT Since: 1999

votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:42 am
PostPost subject:No icon UT99.org mapping contest

EG made on several forums the announcement, will do it for dU . It's a bit late, but hmpfff..

UT99.org is having a mapping competition
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

You can participate till 13th October, just for giggles or for the real deal.  

Or have a look around to see what everyone is making!

I'm in as well, producing a new MH map as we speak.

Thought you know.

Regards Terraniux
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Cyberia-Mix france.png

dU.Mapper
dU.Mapper

UT Name: Demona UT Since: 2000
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 am
PostPost subject:No icon Re: UT99.org mapping contest

Glad to see other active communities (and mappers!).

I won't participate (dUMH collab map is a real pain already) but I will follow. Instantly recognized your work when scrolling through the thread lol. Good luck. Very Happy1
Back to top Visit poster's website

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Thank you.

I thought instead of coming up everytime with something new, being original(?), getting my style with in the mix with the chaos idea would be new fresh blend that might fit as a new orginal idea. We'll see.
Progress around 80% now.  Here is something fun to know: this map will have the most badass ending boss I ever made. ( Or maybe even seen ).  It is a destroyer of worlds.

Also, maybe I make a copy for dU as well, with maybe a little expansion from the 4096 limit....... , if time is on my time.
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:05 am

I've released my map!
Get registered or Log in

Please all vote, wether it me or another!  It is ready for dU but I'd like to make some few slight changes for this server to the map.
Kryxix hungary.png

UT Name: Kryxix UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:22 pm

"scroll down for more info." LOL  Laughing
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Cyberia-Mix france.png

dU.Mapper
dU.Mapper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:39 am

Found some errors:
- Gasbag factory has no spawns.
- I think you should remove the crate at middle floor of the tower near the window since it lets you skip the button in the big skaarj room.
- This button mover should be bTriggerOnceOnly since the trigger is (confused me the first time I played, you push the button and hear a sound everytime but nothing happens).
- The teleporter in the top floor of the tower shows an error message. Needs to be given a destination or disabled.
- You might want to use the Bright Corners surface flag on the windows of the small towers all around so they don't look as dark.
- You should avoid giving huge collisions to triggers because it hurts the engine. I gain 10 frames per second when the skull and water triggers have normal sized collisions. You can use timed triggers or double dispatchers to avoid relying on player collision.

I liked the compactness of the map. Felt like a mix of Purgatorium and TheGateKeeper (for the Titans shaking ground and spamming rocks all over).
The boss was reaaaaaaaaally orginal. Great job! However I found it a bit lame that you can't kill it and can just ignore it to escape. If you want I think I can make it killable (giving points for damage and all).
Thought the constant fog was just annoying. :/ At least it does nothing to framerate though. Very Happy1
Sponsor
Kryxix hungary.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Played 4 or 5 times yesterday evening.

Notice, that you must DL the ChaosUT pack to play this, not only the mentioned .rar file.

On the first time in the starting area i just wait to the doors to open. But nothing happened, then i shoot the door. Lately i turned backwards, and saw the wall released. Maybe the counter that moves the wall is too high, no need to wait so much, i think. Players will shoot each other you know.

I agreed with Cyberia-Mix about the box on the tower, on my first play i jumped over and recon the area missed some parts of the map. Also agreed with the switch sound, i thought something happens, but nothing, its useless.

Queen and warlord are fun, but skaarjboss is a bit hard. The skaarjboss was always the last mob that remains (along with the finalboss). Maybe in team games its not so hard, who knows.

I found 2 secrets only  Wink Final warboss is also an interesting one, good idea, i h never seen such one. At last its not a frightening one...

2 times i ended the game before the normal gameplay time. Its a shortcut or some exploit but some players like to shorten the maps (Unai, EEE are you here?) so it could be a problem. First finalboss weapon blast me through the fence from a higher place, then the same happened from a titan, slapped me high and over the fences. Maybe some kind of unpassable ceiling or something solves this.

The "trap" at the armor surprised me, when i first saw the green enlighted titan down there. Killed me...

Overall its surplisingly small compared to Crystalmines or even Purgatorium. But hey its fun in even in this alpha-beta form. Good work, THX! MH players cant wait the Halloween now  Very Happy1
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:34 pm

@ Demona & Kryxix

- Ah yes the gasbags has been mention before, totally forgot to add the pawn in the creature factory.
- The big wall is just making sure they follow the intro, and be as a obnoxious joke as well.  It will open after 5-10 seconds automatically.
- The button - could you specify which button you mean?
- Ah right.... the tele - will fix that.
- The Box will have a different place or be removed then.

The titan slapped you skyhigh?  Laughing , what did you do to deserve that? haha. I thought I made the walls high enough.... ....... A blockplayer or blockpawns will be a good solution.

The big trigger was the easiest way, but not the most efficient it seems. Got more people complaining about it.  For my first time I use fog, use fog they say, will be fun they say. Well they think it's ugly and annoying. I personally quite like it.
But the board here and  far away has spoken loudly -- it needs to go.

Yes Demona, I'd like that. A killable destroyer of worlds. Together we can make a suitable version for dU. On UT99.org they given me feedback as well......  

I thank you for the feedback and support!  Very Happy1

Much appreciated.
Kryxix hungary.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:32 pm

One more test run today, that longs over 2 hours!

Theres a "droptrap" near the switch which opens the teleport to the highest level of the tower (where the 2 Terraniux stautes standing). That pyramid shaped "droptrap"  has no exits, only suicide is the solution. I hate doing the suicide from the console. I dont know why that hole is there. (I will show you the area if my note not fully clear).

Also i finished the map with jumping out from the highest level from the tower to the big black star. From there i reached the ledge and the just jumped down behind the fences and exit. Thats no normal way ending (i learned that way from the titanslap, just curious if it works just plain jumping).

The message appears at the start area when the final warboss is floating around contains a mispel (letter "I" and letter "T" mixed.)

I found a secret at green titans, but apart of the message i cant figure out what happened.

With redeemer i push the skaarjboss down to lower level twice times and easily killed from below with headshots.

Okay, i hope you win the contest. Maybe later i will try more runs.  Shocked
Sponsor
Cyberia-Mix france.png

dU.Mapper
dU.Mapper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:44 am

Terraniux wrote (View Post):
- The button - could you specify which button you mean?Much appreciated.

The one tagged WAY2.

EDIT: actually the one with no tag on the Queen cliff also has the same problem.

Kryxix is right about the end shortcut. You can jump from the tower to the star and then to the end (I did it but didn't realize it could end the map Very Happy1).

Also for some reason that I can't figure out, the star mover at the end makes the SpikeGates1 sound when it encroaches with stuff (like bio shots or titan rocks), you might want to remake it non-solid. Though it's funny right now lol.
And you have an Ambient sound there too that apparently does nothing.
EvilGrins usa.png

UT Name: Doppleganger UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Terraniux wrote (View Post):
EG made on several forums the announcement, will do it for dU . It's a bit late, but hmpfff..

I didn't post it to forums that're more strongly MonsterHunt focused because (until you made one) there weren't really any ChaosMH maps. As the discussions go, MH & Chaos don't mix well.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Well, it is over. Second shared place for me! rank_2  la ola
Get registered or Log in
Sponsor
Kryxix hungary.png

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Congrats!  rank_2  I hope we will play it on MH Main soon!

destination Unreal Forum Index   General Discussion
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: