Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm
DM-UTDMS-BULLFeartower2 New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 396 Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 am
Dogs & Cats Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 am
Black Adam Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm

STOP TEAMKILLING !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Commander_ITA italy.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: Commander_ITA UT Since: 2007

votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:48 am
PostPost subject:No icon STOP TEAMKILLING !!!

Dear DU Community,

I started this Topic to treat a problem that became really Annoying: TEAMKILLING.
Recently i Noticed a lot of players praticing it, despite Rules and respect for other people wants to play in peace.

Suterday 14 Jan in Main server, in map Ruined Stairs first, and anothere one then, several Players Teamkilled for MORE THEN A HOUR , lanching themself through the first Lift, inhibiting to all other players to play the map. Useless to talk to them, Useless to try Kickvote (most of new players dunno what's that), Useless to call Admins , Uselles to watch at stats since this TKing is not registered, i decided to open this Topic.

We know it's only a game, but every game has its RULES and they MUST be respected, and more, Other Player Must be respected and let them free to play. If Those people who TKilled, teased players who called admins, calling Admins themself , maybe it means they was so sure they will be unpunished coz nobody will do anything. What's worse, is that they teached it to many new players and the result is that now TKillers multiplied. Same of them used also insult people who tryed to let them racionate.

The Players that Teamkilled were: DOOM_STONE, Kazik, Arucado, BEEF_JERKY in map Ruined Stair and anothere one Sky Series, and GOLFIK_PL in map AF-WTC-106, in first lift, with rocket lancher.

An Admin told me i needed to make a Screenshot of this otherwise is not enough. Well, i say sorry. I have not a Screenshot coz it's first time i report a problem, anyway i think if other players who assisted the fact confirm what i'm saying, is not possible act like nothing happned coz just missed a Scrshoot (that's what DOOM_STONE hope since in chat he wrote " you have no evidence", but i answere him if we should be in a court, 3 deponents count as well as then the "pic" of the "crime" ).

Players who assisted are : Hellfire, [IGS]Lady_M, Jetlag, Navyseal, STULE, grategirl and many others (those are who i remember). If you guys can join the Topic and say your opinion, should be Great.

I Know you Admins cannot be online 24/7 , especially on weekend, and i understand you (and maybe teamkillers know that too...), anyway now you are back and me ( and i hope other players too) are reporting the problem. Hoping you can take proceedings to keep Destination Unreal a server where people can play and not a "FAR WEST",

I Thank you in Advance for your patience reading this long message.

Commander_ITA
DOOM_Stone [BANNED] slovenia.png

UT Since: 2000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:09 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: STOP TEAMKILLING !!!

-deleted by BoB-

Abusive language will not be accepted!
Cyberia-Mix france.png

dU.Mapper
dU.Mapper

UT Name: Demona UT Since: 2000
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:33 pm

DOOM_Stone wrote (View Post):
Retard Laughing
Cry more plox xD

Still not banned?
Back to top Visit poster's website
Sponsor
-BoB- uk.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.BoB UT Since: 2005
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Cyberia-Mix wrote (View Post):

Still not banned?

Yep Razz
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
HellFire netherlands.png

UT Name: }ElitE{HellFire` UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Main reason is that there is only 1 admin thats on sometimes, which is idefix.
Obviously he can't be on all day.
2 admins wouldn't even guarantee succes for a server that sometimes has 24 +- players in it.
Sure mostly there are no problems, but when there are there should be 1 available.
Now there are about 5 admins and only 1 is active sometimes.
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Jetlag canada.png

UT Name: Jetlagg UT Since: 2003

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:03 pm

There is a couple of names missing.. But I dont mind a tk every now and then. Sometimes we tk on maps that we think are boring.. GodzReturn is a good example.. but we try not to tk the players that are enjoying the map... People that tk for well over 30 mins+ should be banned.. They make players leave the server.. I agree with giving them a warning 1st, but lets be honest, do they really listen??  I would just hate to see some of the regular players leave the server because someone likes to tk for 30 mins+..

I understand admins can not always be online.. but this issue with the tkers really needs some attention..

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Sponsor
-BoB- uk.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.BoB UT Since: 2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 pm

I totally agree Jetlag, and we are working on the best way to get this sorted Smile
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Data_Destroyer brazil.png

votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Well.....

As i said before..... let players that want to have fun..... have fun..... let players that want to play serious.... play serious.....

But of course, Teamkilling for long time is really annoying.... i know how is that..... i have played on Ruins Stairs.... in a few months ago..... and there were some players using the elevator to TK eveyone too.... and now i have noticed....  TK for 30 minutes?!?!?! Its really annoying.....

But, to be honest, TK is fun sometimes...... as Jetlag said its good when the map is boring...... and in my point of view.... its not good being a serious player and point farmer for too long.... you can see some of these players like karkass.... that is absolutely ignorant and idiot.... I think its doesnt too good for taking the game too serious..... remember its just a game!!! Its a place for having fun with others..... not for having problems...... But i agree with Commander in respect of rules, rules must be respected too but nobody is perfect right? Everyone had violated some rules.... at least once.... no one is perfect.... Well, When i see some players that enjoy the map or if they are serious, i wont bother them....  if i see that players want to have fun... i do the same with them.... But as i said on another topic... about Doom_Stone....

"Every joke has a limit, right?"

Thats why i said on live chat: "The things are getting worse....." Because the recently happenings are not too good...... We had a little war Friday...... Server attacks since Saturday.... and now TK abusive party on Sunday and yesterday...... meh..........

If i am rude.... sorry for this.... but this is my opinion about this (....)

If i was going off-topic, sorry.....
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
EvilGrins usa.png

UT Name: Doppleganger UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:21 pm

I don't have a big issue with team killing. If it's against the rules on a particular server then you don't do it... but sometimes on some server a couple people call each other out in a duel or something and it's not like it's the end of the world.

If it's against the rules on du servers, then don't do it. It's that simple.

Personally, my 2¢ is that if any admins want to make it impossible then they should disable friendly fire. It's a very simple fix.

Sure, someone could still shove someone else off a cliff but they'd have to go out of their way to do it.

Get registered or Log in
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 pm

EvilGrins: Personally, my 2¢ is that if any admins want to make it impossible then they should disable friendly fire. It's a very simple fix.

@EvilGrins: +1 (agree)
Commander_ITA italy.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Just some little thing to add....
I'm not a so "serious" player or with a so "arrow" view of Rules. In example....Me and Hyperion Teamkilled for a while a day in long Corridor and we get Fun. The same with Fazi once. With Anothere player in Shooting Guys while Bugged almost at end.....but all other player could have fun playing the map like they wanted.
I mean, a matter is having fun with same player with some TK, a matter is to Block the game to all people wants to play with TK on elevators.
We called those 2 cases with the same word: TK, but they are really Different. Maybe they need 2 different Terms. Maybe Kidding and Block Game ? This topic is surelly dedicated to this second case.

PS: i'm really sorry i couldn't read the Repply of Doom_Stone . Does anyone saved a copy? LOL  Very Happy1
killkio chile.png

UT Name: dU.killkio UT Since: 2005 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:05 am

I think  you better not start a fight, better to leave the issue here  =)           (=
Sponsor
idefix netherlands.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: iDeFiX UT Since: 1999

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 am

Commander_ITA wrote (View Post):

An Admin told me i needed to make a Screenshot of this otherwise is not enough. Well, i say sorry. I have not a Screenshot coz it's first time i report a problem, anyway i think if other players who assisted the fact confirm what i'm saying, is not possible act like nothing happned coz just missed a Scrshoot (that's what DOOM_STONE hope since in chat he wrote " you have no evidence", but i answere him if we should be in a court, 3 deponents count as well as then the "pic" of the "crime" ).

That was me:
Code:

2012-01-16 22:25.45 dU.iDeFiX: taking screenshots and logs help commander
2012-01-16 22:25.51 Commander_MOO: ok
2012-01-16 22:26.14 Commander_ITA: could be Ide, but there was more then 10 ppl can confirm it
2012-01-16 22:26.38 dU.iDeFiX: yh, not always enough (for me at last)

I said (or meant) do take screenshots/logs/etc if possible as it backups your complaint; certainly when there are no admins around at that moment.
But having none does not mean it's useless to report.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:59 am

Commander_ITA: I mean, a matter is having fun with same player with some TK, a matter is to Block the game to all people wants to play with TK on elevators. We called those 2 cases with the same word: TK, but they are really Different. Maybe they need 2 different Terms. Maybe Kidding and Block Game ? This topic is surelly dedicated to this second case.

@Commander_ITA: Yeah, 2 different terms.... right... Now i understood better...... thanks Commander, i think that Blocking the game is doesnt good because players wont finish the map or / and the players wont enjoy the map as well.....
Cyberia-Mix france.png

dU.Mapper
dU.Mapper

UT Name: Demona UT Since: 2000
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:11 am

PS: i'm really sorry i couldn't read the Repply of Doom_Stone . Does anyone saved a copy? LOL  Very Happy1

My quote is his entire message.
Back to top Visit poster's website
Sponsor
Commander_ITA italy.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:32 am

@ Cyberia   Oh, Did he wrote just that? i hoped something longer...LOL  Very Happy1

Anyway...keeping back the suggest of Hellfire....he suggested to increase the number of the Staff Members.
As long as i can see Hyperion and Supa are not online since a lot of time. If you Admins added them once, i guess you needed them. And since they are no longer online, maybe you miss Staff's members like Hellfire Told. What do you think about?

PS: i'm noticing BEEF_Jerky absence. He write in chatlong with suggestion about server attack, he wrote other posts,  he play using teasing names for me like "Moosolini" or " Commander_Moo", but he's not joining the topic......
BEEF_JERKY blank.png

UT Name: BEEF_JERKY UT Since: 2112 Gender: Gender:Male

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:32 am

blah blah blah...  he's not joining the topic......

Dude I dont obsess about TK's all day. I had crap to do today and band practice tonight.

All I have to say about this topic is...

Meh...

Get registered or Log in
annabella bulgaria.png

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Ppl dont attack BEEF! He is a little part of what the others do on server!

P.S.Beef dont take this like a compliment..u wrong
baseball bat  just u r cool sometimes cause u was married for russian,and cause of ur funny nicks Moowimo po Moolsku :D

Prefer Moo of something worse...and btw i can insult u without to take ur attention!

Get registered or Log in
Back to top MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/annabellaut
Sponsor

destination Unreal Forum Index   General Server Chat or Problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: