Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm
DM-UTDMS-BULLFeartower2 New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 396 Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 am
Dogs & Cats Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 am
Black Adam Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm

Nali Report: Maps bugs and strange behavior with them...

destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Data_Destroyer brazil.png

votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:07 am
PostPost subject:Bad ! Nali Report: Maps bugs and strange behavior with them...

Well, for an introduction, this is a report to show some bugs of the maps, strange behaviors or something really crazy on them, in other words, problems.....

*** REPORT START ***

revote.unr:

The map is having some problems while some players play it sometimes.... this map appears only when the server crash and when it occurs, the server can simply starts to crash again and again until the players finish the map and vote for another like a normal voting or simply this phenomena cant occur....

The behavior of the map is unforessen.... sometimes the server with this map crashes after 10 secs or 30 secs and etc..... i think the solution is voting for another map before the server crashes again.... it was happened some weeks ago, at the beginning of this year (January) the 1st time of this strange phenomena Sad  

I already sent an email to Wolfi after this incident, on that time it was caused by 2 players called: masterkiller (Romanian) and Slyder (Spanish) at least i (we) on that time was just believed on this theory... but now it seems completely wrong! Today (February 26th, 2012 - Sunday) the server had an attack of crashes again Sad

I told the players to vote quickly to avoid the crash loop like on 1st time.... then the server crashed 2 times, on 3rd time i made a majoritary vote on WTC map to solve the problem Idea  And the problems seems to be solved until now but if the server crashes again, i (we) will have the same problem or not, well maybe, like i said above, this problem is too unforeseem  Sad  

I think that the definitively solution is to remove that map or just replace it to another like revote2.unr as example..... I think i (we) should give a try on a "new" revote map on main server someday.... and one more thing: the server was full today when this phenomena happend again! So, that map have too many redeemers so, i think that this could be a problem too, imagine! 10 players launching redeemers at same time.... even some lag redeemer missiles  (missiles that dont explode) can crash the server sometimes on some maps!

MH-ArcaneTempleLords-HTD+:

The map have a good behavior until at the ending point.... which i noticed some players having problems with UT crash on this map when the players are almost finishing it Sad  My UT crashed too on that map, well it seems that is a medium error: D3D Driver Invalid Params!

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

Besides this, no more problems detected!  Razz  The problem of this map is also unforessem! sometimes happens, sometimes not!

MH-DefendingMars{esg}+:

The map is ok but the map will always have 29 monsters left because no spawn point was set for the monsters to spawn Sad  so, its absolutely impossible to make a "flawless victory" on that map!  Monsters left: 0 (29) [0 monsters appeared (spawned) - 29 monsters left] so, it means that its needed to set a spawn point for monsters to spawn and so the players will be able to defeat them and make a "flawless victory" on map!

Get registered or Log in

Besides this, no more problems detected!

MH-Arden+Fix1:

The map is ok but the map will always have 2 monsters left because no spawn point was set for the monsters to spawn Sad  so, its absolutely impossible to make a "flawless victory" on that map!  Monsters left: 0 (2) [0 monsters appeared (spawned) - 2 monsters left] so, it means that its needed to set a spawn point for monsters to spawn and so the players will be able to defeat them and make a "flawless victory" on map!

Get registered or Log in

Besides this, no more problems detected!

*** END OF REPORT ***

Last edited by Data_Destroyer on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:54 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Zipps sweden.png

UT Name: -=]UM[=-Zipps UT Since: 2003 Gender: Gender:Male

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: Nali Report: Maps bugs and strange behavior with them...

The version we use at unreal-mayhem is  MH-ArcaneTempleLords_R ,Works fine at the Nali to  Idea

Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/unrealmayhem
killkio chile.png

UT Name: dU.killkio UT Since: 2005 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:19 am
PostPost subject:No icon Re: Nali Report: Maps bugs and strange behavior with them...

Confused  Sad
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 am

nice Zipps  :2thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 pm
PostPost subject:Bad ! Re: Nali Report: Maps bugs and strange behavior with them...

Adding MH-DefendingMars{esg}+ and MH-Arden+Fix1 maps..... they have some problems too.....

Last edited by Data_Destroyer on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total
HellFire netherlands.png

UT Name: }ElitE{HellFire` UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Since Arden mostly gets ended before all monsters are killed I don't think it's necessary to fix it.
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 pm

@Hellfire: ye its possible to end Defending mars and arden but players will never do "flawless victory" on that map, i mean perfect map as well.... this is only a small problem.... not serious at all.... i only posted them here for a solution.... Sad
HellFire netherlands.png

UT Name: }ElitE{HellFire` UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:18 am

Data_Destroyer wrote (View Post):
@Hellfire: ye its possible to end Defending mars and arden but players will never do "flawless victory" on that map, i mean perfect map as well.... this is only a small problem.... not serious at all.... i only posted them here for a solution.... Sad

Just giving my opinion Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:56 am

If everyone have problems with some maps, you can post them in here too Very Happy1  Like a buggy one for example!

@Hellfire: lol its ok Laughing  Opinions and suggestions are welcome  Very Happy1
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 am
PostPost subject:Bad ! Re: Nali Report: Maps bugs and strange behavior with them...

MH-UnderwaterAssaultV2:

For months, this map has a problem that can cause the server to crash Sad  I have played this map on private today and it happened with me too. However if the player avoid to go to the Skaarj room like this of the screenshot below, the problem wont happen:

Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in

Based on the images, its possible that a message "2nd Respawn Point Unlocked" can appear on that place because you can see some weapons on there but its not the message that is buggy because the server will crash before this message appears.... i tested this map offline and the problem is the 2 skaarjs on those pictures above! If they are alarmed (moved, shot, hit and etc) the server will crash.... the screenshot below shows the error that server can return of that map....

Get registered or Log in

So, it means, the map is playable just dont go to Skaarj room and hit them! But you can kill the sliths underwater there..... Just leave the Skaarjs there intact Razz

No more problems were detected about this map.....  Just play normally and avoid the Skaarj room.... this is the solution until now....

PS: This problem of this map was already reported on some months ago....
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

destination Unreal Forum Index   General Server Chat or Problems
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: