Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
RoboCop skin Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:27 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
all server down General Server Chat or Problems Shado 0 Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:32 pm
Shado View latest post
Xcom MH maps for Garden of Death New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:31 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 397 Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:31 pm
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm

Lovespam
Goto page Previous  1, 2
destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic 
EvilGrins usa.png

UT Name: Doppleganger UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:27 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: Lovespam

Okay, if I'm understanding this correctly, people are annoyed because there's two people ingame who are not fighting and just sitting in a corner somewhere going on and on about how they love each other. Given a lot of the ingame conversation on most servers comes down to dirty jokes, general snarkiness, and folks talking trash... this whole lovespam thing doesn't seem too bad.

What bugs me is when I login to an MH game and there's not a lot of us there and while a few of us are fighting the monsters, there's a few people standing around doing nothing but talking to each other about pointless crap.

I suggest that if this lovespam thing really bothers anyone that they do what i do with the people not playing and discussing pointless crap...

...lead a monster back to them so it will kill them.

See? It's so simple.

On a slightly more serious note, although that monster leading thing is still a good idea, to the lovespammers in question... don't you guys have like a normal chat program outside of UT you can make mooky with each other on?

Fair warning, if I'm ever online and seeing this lovespam thing i'm gonna walk up behind one of whoever's doing it and do that pelvic thrust taunt repeatedly.

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
[BLS]Skye finland.png

UT Name: [BLS]Skye UT Since: 2000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:40 pm

HellFire wrote (View Post):
It's basic tolerance: respect the opinion of others''

Shouldn't this apply to admins as well? My opinion is not respectable I guess, since it's the wrong one. I mean, complaining about voice command spam I can understand, since it's also vocal, but in this case, I really don't see a problem.

As for Demona's argument, I don't think some people would even have a problem if these particular words were "apple" and "orange". Surely you see what I mean  Laughing Then again, I wouldn't care enough to come here and state my point of view if the case was "mute the village idiot for saying random stuff too much", instead of "mute the couple who want to show affection to eachother". PMs are horribly tedious to utilize while playing.

Do what you like. It's your ship to dictate  Rolling Eyes
Data_Destroyer brazil.png

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:43 am
PostPost subject:Fight Re: Lovespam

[BLS]Skye wrote (View Post):
Well, as Data told me, I don't know half of the drama involved in the matter so my view is superficial at best, and I'm only saying what I feel of this.

For Anna and Jet: Fight the power, lovebirds!! Don't let this stuff get between your verbal lovemaking Very Happy1

Yep, you dont know the full version of it as well  Razz  They have the PMs  Very Happy1 to spread their love as well, not in public chat because its mushy and annoying as hell!  i dont care about their love and no one cares either, so thats another reason to use PMs  Razz  And yes, "fight for love", not "fight to annoy people with this puking thing"......  

Personally, I've never seen anyone complain about it, except for the staff. I think it's rather cute to be candid! As I play on the server, there's usually no one conversating at all, nor does anyone respond if I ask anything... Sometimes it's depressing to play with a bunch of mute robots.

Well, now you can see on this topic as well  Razz  not only staff, players complain too, but some of them avoid to say this to avoid fights and troubles...... Some people see only the "Good Side" of the person not the full side as well  Rolling Eyes  And yes, sometimes is depressing with no one to talk but in EVERY server you will find this issue.... unfortunately some people are shy or have nothing to say...... this is called: "Shut up and play!" But people can talk as well as long as they dont talk shits, insults and/or do some other nasty things..... i went to other servers too, and i saw many and many servers MH and others in general that no one talks, except basic things like "Hello" and "gg" as well, but its doesnt mean that people need to be a Spammy robot right? you can also see Unai doing the spamming a lot too..... Sad  

HellFire wrote (View Post):
It's basic tolerance: respect the opinion of others''

Shouldn't this apply to admins as well?

Yep, admins, staffs and players too as well, to everybody!  But they are showing no respect putting their privacy stuff ON! Rolling Eyes  

PMs are horribly tedious to utilize while playing.

I was Pming with even 3 players days ago, and i could handle them all  Very Happy1  Its a question of "practising".....  As long as you get used to it, you wont think this in some days Very Happy1  And they know to use it and they know that need to use it in-game  but they do the Spam as purpose, so.......

Well, again..... i think they ignored this topic as well..... no problemo...... at least now they have a place to throw shits at staff and admins  wallbash  and not on live chat anymore......  as i said before..... (...)  and Skye the full drama is a looooooong story boring and sick...... but i understood your position as well  
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor
Commander_ITA italy.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: Commander_ITA UT Since: 2007

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:11 am

Still not clear...am i writing Arab ? I promise this is my last long post on this topic.

- Main chat is a common public place. Even is not made just for chat, sometime is allowed to talk about same respectful OPEN topic: maps, old PC, soccer, general kidding, etc...so anyone can join, contribute or change topic...no need i explain that. Luv-spamming, "celebrating love" between 2 person, or whatever you like to call it, is a CLOSED topic. It's neither called  TOPIC. Is just a private Business between 2 people and no one can join. It may even feel people excluded, invaded as well embarrassed. Spam it continuously, just make it worse. Do you really think is more right players leave this server if bothered coz 2 people decided to don't care others?

- Love is the most wonderful thing of the world. All agree on that. But no-one can be so Hypocrite talking good about Love if first don't talk about RESPECT. When "love" is used without DISCRETION, invading a common public place, without caring how it can affect people, it become just an instrument to bother and no matter if masked by Love, Hate or whatever other Private Stuff. Is just a Private Business that interest only them and nobody else but all are  FORCED to read! We allow an USE of main chat, not an ABUSE.

- Even Jet-Anna are free to continue their..."celebration" in private(PMs, Teamspeak, Messenger, Skype, etc), other people are not free to skip it if posted continuously on main chat. Those people if bothered, can only close chat-box or leave server. In both cases are not wrong the people who want to play UT in peace.

- Even players are free to ignore or just close chat-box continue playing, Staff or Admin are not free to do that, since we are responsible to check what goes on Main Chat. No Matter if it's vocal or not, since we get a look on chat every time we ear someone wrote. We have also other mansions like check previous chat-logs and i can ensure is not pleasant follow a  conversation among 200 smiles. Never thought that? Thank you to consider us Staff like BOTS.

- What will happens if other "couple" born and start imitate them 2? Then Main chat is invaded by people who "celebrate" luv like them and if we complain they may answer:" Hey, you tolerated them 2 for months! Why you don't do the same for us?"

- Let's take it by another point-view. Players can be split in 3 categories: Who like to see how much they "luv" each other every minute, Who don't care and is neutral, Who is bothered they invade Main chat with that. Leaving for a while neutral people, is reasonable to say who is bothered are more then who desire to see that?

- "PMs are horribly tedious to utilize while playing" ? LOL. Skip a button,is it a justify to Horribly Tediate  people around on Main Chat? So maybe i can park my car in the middle of the street, forcing others to skip it coz is "Horribly tediating" find a park on the side of street ? I think we got the point...Respect may cost hit a button, but it have no price!

- Me and other Staff member use to update each other when online(about news, forums, players, etc..). We are the first who "HIT THAT BUTTON" and go in PMs to leave main chat free of a Business cannot interest others. We MUST be the first who give a good Example, but i expect others follow. Not coz I'm Staff of course, but just coz it's respectful.

- Blackwolf gave them an opportunity. If they are really so LAZY to hit a button to spam in PMs, They can Go on another free dU Server, "celebrating" how much they like, play maps they like, people who desire it can follow them and enjoy all smiles they like, leaving all the remaining people in peace and nobody complains. While they can be players everywhere, I can be Staff only on main! What you want more? We build them a server called "The house of spammed love"? If they want let us see their good intentions, they have a chance.

- If Anyone here lost same episode about the UNREAL ROMANCE TOURNAMENT and is Curious, here is same Useful Link:

1)
Get registered or Log in
 , 29/1/12 , Average Spam Speed (ASS) 140 spam/hour , 2.3 spam per minute
   A normal day to invade a Public place with a their business.
2)  
Get registered or Log in
, 29/1/12 , ASS 276 s/h , 4.6 spam per minute!
   Neither Unai Dared so much......Nali Bot asked us to kill him for mercy.
3)  
Get registered or Log in
, 12/2/12 , ASS 250 s/h
   After Data Advised them and got teased, ASS increased. (You ask more tolerance?! They Needed a kick if not a ban! )

After chat-logs with fights where they really overdid, where others was "too Jealous" if advice again,  the show quit for months . Peaceful months but peace is not forever......

4)  
Get registered or Log in
, 16/7/12 , ASS 122 s/h.
   I advised them to don't start like before. Skye make me weird questions about Admins. He can ever explain why.
5)
Get registered or Log in
, 19/7/12 , ASS 100 s/h
   Title: The muting day.
6)
Get registered or Log in
, 19/7/12 , ASS 158 s/h
   Again, after i advised, they increased spam and tease me and Data....Next Match, Muted!
7)
Get registered or Log in
, 20/7/12 , ASS 40 s/h
   do i wrong or anothere player is complaining?
8 )
Get registered or Log in
, 30/7/12 , ASS 27 s/h
   Who said "is easy to look Candid " ? If anyone who read this Thread,he connect to check it, should he think:" Oh, how  exaggerate is the Staff who complains for few smiles!! " ?

This is only a little part of what we had to hang for looong time and if you still complain about Our "Intolerance" i will  just ignore you. I can deal reasonable critics, not blinds. They have many ways to avoid invade Main Chat with  a THEIR ONLY  Private business and bother people who didn't want. We Staff have no other way then advice and Muting and if it goes on overall with "free crap launching" on Staff, it's a my Right ask a more severe Interacting to Admins. I don't want to see the chat invaded by something concern them 2 only anymore, spammed or not. KEEP YOUR PERSONAL BUSINESS FOR YOURSELF OR DON'T INVOLVE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT IT! STOP!

For Concluding.....

@Thunder and Skye: If you really want to see "luv celebration", or you feel depressed seeing play "like Robot" you can even Rent Titanic Movie at DVD store. No need incite a show where other people don't like it. Where you was when we have fun time and enjoy the chat with everyone? It was a so comfortable atmosphere that even EEPC started to talk!!!!
Anyway I see your sensibility got hurt coz 2 people got muted after all they did. Nice. We spent many hours playing together and you had many time to know us. I sadly noticed you didn't spend a word that is one about me and Data was accused so "abusive" and "Almost daily show our Staff rights", even you know perfectly is not true. Have me to conclude your Sensibility was not minimally touched by that? No Words...just Wow.

@Evilgreen: i dunno what server you usual play. I can ensure there are not any "dirty jokes, general snarkiness, and folks talking trash" here, at least since Staff is ON. Lead a monster back of them is Useless since they spend most of time Idle (monster cannot hit you). Anyway you are Right, they have already many "chat program outside of UT you can make mooky with each other on" , but if they continue do where people complain, there is a reason. Wanna guess which one?

For Anna and Jet: Thank You, lovebirds!! Continue to "DOO" on head of people.
Reiyel peru.png

UT Name: {MHM}Reiyel_3.0 UT Since: 2005 Gender: Gender:Male

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:28 am

Agree with poor Commander. Enough of that "love celebration" argumentation, that is not even an argumentation but some sort of bark, go rent Titanic like he said, lol.

Again,  If it annoys others (and they clearly seem to be the majority) then grow up and stop doing it. Go on the PM's! If you managed to install this game, I bet you can also use them.
annabella bulgaria.png

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:20 am

Smile) lol we r very popular baby(Orange)(orange-Demona u make me laud with voice, i like it Smile
All what i can add even without to read all posts(only shorts)
Is that you have so much free time to write 2 hrs  this novels Smile) And  take things so seriously!I think if u go to work,or study or just some hobby,wouldnt have so much time to count how many time i smile to him:)))and u will want to have 2 hrs playing for relax and i doubt u will take attention what i do,or another player:))
This UT blow ur minds:)))

Get registered or Log in
Back to top MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/annabellaut
Sponsor
Data_Destroyer brazil.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:25 am

annabella wrote (View Post):
This UT blow ur minds:)))

I can see it..... it blows my patience and tolerance..... Laughing  especially on some cases  Embarassed
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Commander_ITA italy.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: Commander_ITA UT Since: 2007

votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes Anna, you reach your purpose to become popular. You are a Star now. We are building a special premium just for you.

Let's do it opposite. You "Babies" stop abuse main chat and start respect, and i ensure you people will have more free time to work, etc.....and more sure, we will have relax playing UT .

And agreeing with Data, what blows here is our Patience. Anyway i will follow your tip. I will take it easy. When and if i mute you again, i will make it Humorist if i can :Zwinker:
EvilGrins usa.png

UT Name: Doppleganger UT Since: 1999 Gender: Gender:Male

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:11 pm

I have a better idea. Let's stop all the communication ingame completely and just kill some monsters?

Who's with me!?

Get registered or Log in
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor

destination Unreal Forum Index   General Server Chat or Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: