Maps that need to be fixed
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> UT99 MonsterHunt Main Server

#1: No icon Maps that need to be fixed Author: -POTS- PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:01 am
    —
Hello there, since I couldn't find a specific topic for this issue (closest I found was Demona's thread of maps he fixed) I decided to post this.

Arrow MH-(dU)Lostparadisev5
1) The portals that connect the various sections of the map do not allow for more players to pass at once: if two or more players jump inside, only one will pass through and the other will be stuck at the botton of the pit
2) One of the walls where the wooden bridge in the cave with the pupaes is will kill you if touched (see attached image)

Arrow MH-Crystalreactor
Bad movers (levers that need to be pushed to open gates) can kill players. It's pointless, frustrating and dumb.

Arrow MH-UnderwaterAssaultV2
This map has some issues online, since it suddenly crashed the server (probably towards the end).

Minor Issues

Arrow MH-KG_HighSchool
This map can't be fully cleared, as there are 300 monsters left in a creature factory which aren't spawned, would be nice to know why.

Arrow MH-MiningOutpost4F
This map came shipped with some experimental piece of trance music (nice one if I must say, ModPlugTracker can play it), problem is, the standard UT audio driver cannot play it properly, thus the final result is a couple of "whimpering" notes, repeated till the end of the days.
It's not a big deal, in fact I did put this into the "minor issues" category.

I will keep on editing this as soon as I find other maps with issues.

Last edited by -POTS- on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

#2: No icon Re: Maps that need to be fixed Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:19 am
    —
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Could you elaborate on the mover issue in MH-Crystalreactor?
Are the deaths avoidable?
There are a lot of maps with movers that crush players. It's usually a design choice.

#3: No icon Re: Maps that need to be fixed Author: -POTS- PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:55 am
    —
Hyperion wrote (View Post):
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

That's interesting, would be nice if we could make a unique thread with all map related problems.

Quote:
 Could you elaborate on the mover issue in MH-Crystalreactor?
Are the deaths avoidable?
There are a lot of maps with movers that crush players. It's usually a design choice.

First of all, I think that's a conversion from an Assault map.
Second, the deaths cannot be avoided, I.E. the player dies as soon as he approaches the lever to activate it.
Third, maybe it made some sense in assault to force a player's death  in order to open a gate (fail to see how though), but it seems rather stupid to me  that occurs also in a MH conversion, specially on a server that subtracts one third of your score upon death. A player triggered two of those levers, died both times and left afterwards.

#4: No icon Re: Maps that need to be fixed Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:09 pm
    —
I'm willing to fix a few maps, but not untill the admins return. Otherwise it is work for nothing.

#5: No icon Re: Maps that need to be fixed Author: Data_Destroyer PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:44 am
    —
-POTS- wrote (View Post):
Hello there, since I couldn't find a specific topic for this issue (closest I found was Demona's thread of maps he fixed) I decided to post this.

Arrow MH-Crystalreactor
Bad movers (levers that need to be pushed to open gates) can kill players. It's pointless, frustrating and dumb.

The death is, in fact, unavoidable. However, i am still surprised the reason that no one ever solved this problem yet.

Arrow MH-UnderwaterAssaultV2
This map has some issues online, since it suddenly crashed the server (probably towards the end).

This happens only in MH Version of the map. Originally, it's a Single map from some Coop campaign created by EddX. I remember that I downloaded the map once - this one and Coop version - and tried to locate which room provokes that map to crash. It's near Slith rooms: the one with the Skaarjs on top is the most frequented room when the players arrive there. As many other players noticed, the way to avoid the crash is defending the enemy in the middle and swim up, leaving the room fast as possible.

I even removed the Sliths of the two rooms and ran the map again. Went to same area and the map crashed again on same place.

So, it still remains misterious  Laughing

#6: No icon Re: Maps that need to be fixed Author: -POTS- PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:42 pm
    —
Thanks for your input Data, glad to see you still around.  eyewink

#7: No icon Re: Maps that need to be fixed Author: Data_Destroyer PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:44 pm
    —
Minor Issues

Arrow MH-MiningOutpost4F
This map came shipped with some experimental piece of trance music (nice one if I must say, ModPlugTracker can play it), problem is, the standard UT audio driver cannot play it properly, thus the final result is a couple of "whimpering" notes, repeated till the end of the days.

I suppose that it's not a problem of UT Audio Driver. The problem was generated at the moment when UMX file was created on UT Editor. However, aparently, a simple editing via original IT file can solve this one, placing the commands correctly or just converting it to WAV file and then import to UT Editor to create a new UMX file.

I downloaded that map years ago and test it converting the IT file to WAV file and importing to UT Editor to create a UMX file. It worked but the audio had a lower volume compared to the other UMX file - well, it was a noobie thing Laughing to be honest.

If anyone knows how to manipulate commands on IT files and/or other mod plug trackers, maybe can solve this in a better way.

Thanks for your input Data, glad to see you still around.  eyewink

No problem... well... i am not dead yet  Laughing

#8: No icon Re: Maps that need to be fixed Author: Hyperion PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:23 am
    —
What do you think about MH-subway and MH-Krallfortress110?
They both contain movers that can sometimes break the maps and make it impossible to make progress.

destination Unreal -> UT99 MonsterHunt Main Server

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1