Disappearing Monsters?
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> General Discussion

#1: No icon Disappearing Monsters? Author: MuncherMikeLocation: Toronto PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:47 am
    —
As you all know, time to time monsters disappear but you can still kill them and see blood splats. I am just wondering if there is some sort of setting to fix this?

#2: No icon Re: Disappearing Monsters? Author: Data_Destroyer PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:13 am
    —
I remember that I had this problem several times when I used to play here. It's seems a problem via client-side connection. A reconnection would solve this quickly.

If this problem insists even with the connection at average speed. Then it's a problem via server-side connection and only admins can solve it, I suppose.

#3: No icon Re: Disappearing Monsters? Author: Ninja_Pirate PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:27 am
    —
There are two possible reasons for this happening.

The first, and most likely, is that it's simply how the engine works due to limitations. To describe it in a very basic way, it will "hide" objects that it deems unimportant to help save bandwidth. If the monster is behind a wall, simply jump and it should reappear. If it's round a corner, edge round a little bit and that should be enough. Other than that, you just have to rely on the blood splats and/or your point counter to tell if you are hitting the monster.

The second option is the wrong network settings enabled. Under Options > Preferences > Network, you will want the Cable, xDSL setting chosen. Before I figured out I needed this setting, monsters and projectiles would often disappear on my screen.

Hope that helps.

Ninja.

#4: No icon Re: Disappearing Monsters? Author: Camper PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:18 am
    —
Do you get red boxed or no? If you do it's probably ploss on your end

#5: No icon Re: Disappearing Monsters? Author: Data_Destroyer PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:43 am
    —
Ninja_Pirate wrote (View Post):
The first, and most likely, is that it's simply how the engine works due to limitations. To describe it in a very basic way, it will "hide" objects that it deems unimportant to help save bandwidth. If the monster is behind a wall, simply jump and it should reappear. If it's round a corner, edge round a little bit and that should be enough. Other than that, you just have to rely on the blood splats and/or your point counter to tell if you are hitting the monster.

Oh this one... There is even a mutator that fix this "issue". It exists because the Internet Connection wasn't so powerful like nowadays in 1999.

#6: No icon Re: Disappearing Monsters? Author: MuncherMikeLocation: Toronto PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 am
    —
Ninja_Pirate wrote (View Post):
There are two possible reasons for this happening.

The second option is the wrong network settings enabled. Under Options > Preferences > Network, you will want the Cable, xDSL setting chosen. Before I figured out I needed this setting, monsters and projectiles would often disappear on my screen.

Hope that helps.

Ninja.

Yeah, I have that network setting already, and I don't get the red box, so it's to do with the limitations of the Unreal engine. I was hoping that there would be something in an ini file somewhere that I could change to disable this limitation.

#7: No icon Re: Disappearing Monsters? Author: medor PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:16 pm
    —
It's time to go to MH504 no ?
You want make test with it ... there is a server-test XC engine and MH504 by  nelsona
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

support
Get registered or Log in

Files MH504 and patch
Get registered or Log in

#8: No icon Re: Disappearing Monsters? Author: Balance PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:18 am
    —
Camper wrote (View Post):
Do you get red boxed or no? If you do it's probably ploss on your end

lmfao man i didn't know you were here too , i was falling off the chair when i saw Trump - long life to the conservatives!

Hold this position!

#9: No icon Re: Disappearing Monsters? Author: Camper PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:36 pm
    —
Roger

destination Unreal -> General Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1