Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
destination Unreal -> Mapping Development and Skinning

#1: No icon Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things. Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:55 pm
    —
For all those who want to make also MH maps, I am currently writing a full tutorial in PDF format you can use to make your own MH maps! It will be for beginners and advanced users! progress : 30%/100%

It provides info about installing, configuring, playing and mapping for MH. So lets provide more maps to this great server!
NOTE, THE FILES ARE IN THE COMMENTS. THIS POST WILL HAVE THEM ALL IN ONE, LATER.

for an existing topic with all-in-one, I recommend going here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

( same topic, different forum )
Regards Terraniux

Last edited by Terraniux on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 pm
    —
Sounds cool... ! Cool

#3: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: Commander_ITA PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:41 am
    —
That can be a Good chanche to let me start mapping and let other mappers start too.
Great Idea, Terra! :Zwinker:

#4: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: DarkBeemo PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:18 am
    —
Sounds nice! I've kind of thought about making my own maps, but my imagination is not really big. Razz

#5: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 am
    —
Sounds good you're doing this. The question I have in mind, would this only work on dU servers or would it also be compatible with other types of MH mod or it depends? Had to be nosey, I don't know about the full compatibility between other MH mods. :)

For the advanced part, would that include some coding examples or would that be too extreme? I just like to see what can be provided so far and hope to find more ways to advance the MH mapping with a cheeseburger.  Laughing

#6: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 am
    —
Chamberly wrote (View Post):
Sounds good you're doing this. The question I have in mind, would this only work on dU servers or would it also be compatible with other types of MH mod or it depends? Had to be nosey, I don't know about the full compatibility between other MH mods. :)

For the advanced part, would that include some coding examples or would that be too extreme? I just like to see what can be provided so far and hope to find more ways to advance the MH mapping with a cheeseburger.  Laughing

My Tutorials will be basic from the very core, as long you can map a little or very good. It will work with any MH gametype. online or offline, but online requires testing after testing.

I'm not a coder, perhaps 1 day I will be. That field is blurry to me.  it will be just what to do, what to do not .  

And mostly, how to attract your people to give input and like your map. For the hardest lesson will to actually listen to people.  Listening and letting people have their will in your map, is a way balance.  Combine them both , you have a golden map.  Not a golden girl.

#7: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:49 am
    —
I understand ya.

The people's choice for the map is definitely a hard one because I guess there is so many and it's everywhere too and not just on one server. My only luck is to try to release one and let the map get a little play and see what others can say, maybe something might come along when it comes to advanced mapping with some random codes in it. Maybe I'm just interested in the engine ability lol oops.  Embarassed

#8: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 pm
    —
Since making 1 big file at all once seems to much work, I decided to split into parts, and later on combine them to be 1 big file

Here is the first step.
MONSTERHUNT TUTORIAL PART 1

This covers - MH generally, backstory and installation
Get registered or Log in

Part 2 will be actual mapping and progressing, and inspiration from maps.

comments, tips and improvements are welcome.
Enjoy!

#9: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: Commander_ITA PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:59 pm
    —
That's a Great News Terra !!!
Finally you've done the first part !
I already Dloaded !

Thanks for your work !

#10: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:07 am
    —
Waiting for more!

#11: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: EmperorHunterLocation: Somewhere in California PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:24 am
    —
This really good idea i'm interesting see where this will go

#12: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:35 am
    —
I demand a tutorial by end of next week! lol... unless I figured it myself or not. Can be anyone too, if anyone up for a challenge.

Would like to acquire knowledge to spawn #  (Limited, I'm not a fan of unlimited that break the end of the game result at the end but you can add that too for the people who want to make annoying ones lol) of the monster in the certain location. Only it should spawn itself and not having to use anything that triggers it. Can add trigger later.

So far I only did 2 things and it didn't work. Added 3 spawn points to tagged CreatureFactory, no cow spawns. Had to stop here, busy over the Holidays and the days surrounding. Arrow

#13: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:59 pm
    —
Update 2, I am still typing. Describing all actors take time!

my fingers hurt. haha.

Part 2 : STILL IN PROGRESS but here is already a download:
Get registered or Log in

direct download :
MH TUT part 2 :  ( in progress !)
Get registered or Log in

I will explain it you chamerly! Help is coming your way!!!

#14: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:56 pm
    —
At a request from chamberly, here it is.

NOTE : I FORGOT TO CONFIGURE THE TRIGGER TO TRIGGERONCEONLY TO TRUE, in the video this is set the false.  Remember this setting!

Creature Factories , simple tutorial, Part 1 of 2.

Link

#15: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:25 am
    —
Ahhhh so I was possibly only missing a trigger. Neat.

I had several "wtf" moments when you use the copy pasta on the texture, actors, and brushes.  Laughing   Not something I've done very often but omgz.

Ok, back to mapping!  :D

Edit: Ok, let's see if I do well? Here is my submission and I hope I learned it well. Only a practical and non-official, but this one is like a homework submission if you don't mind lol. I could say I've had confusion about the tagging and was wondering why some monsters weren't spawning until I looked it over again.

Other - web admin: Got these msgs awhile uploading an attachment.
Quote:
Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /www/htdocs/v101808/modules/Forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_attach.php on line 996

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/v101808/modules/Forums/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php on line 1200

Deprecated: mysql_escape_string(): This function is deprecated; use mysql_real_escape_string() instead. in /www/htdocs/v101808/modules/Forums/attach_mod/includes/functions_attach.php on line 996

#16: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:45 pm
    —
I will have a look at it, as soon as I can. My fingers hurt now.

Here is update 2.1:
Get registered or Log in

Updated first post!
enjoy.

#17: No icon Re: Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things. Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:43 am
    —
@ Chamberly

CF = CreatureFactory

It looks good, and works good. The only error you made here, is you criss-cross it all, and use multiple triggers for monsters.

Left to right and right to left, why? If it doesn't bother you, that's personal I guess.  For the first to rooms aka , the first 3 CF's I'd advice to use DISPATCHER.
This is written in the tutorial.  Trigger > Dispatcher. :  Dispatcher :  Dispatcher : EVENTS. use the tags in CF's here.

Edit if this is unclear, this will be covered in next tutorial

#18: No icon Re: Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things. Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 am
    —
So I'm wondering how it's an error when I criss-cross them and using multiple triggers for monsters when I thought I have it in the design of what I think as I wanted it to be?

The reason why I have the 2 upstart was just for the fun if the players enter the left will trigger the right and give them a surprise and vice versa.

& then for the other 2 for the larger box, they both trigger different monster.

I guess I have the unpopular ways of doing things. I like to be outside of the box. :/
Well, designed it for team play and not just single on that.

destination Unreal -> Mapping Development and Skinning

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2