Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things.
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
destination Unreal -> Mapping Development and Skinning

#16: No icon Re: MonsterHunt tutorials coming up! Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:45 pm
    —
I will have a look at it, as soon as I can. My fingers hurt now.

Here is update 2.1:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Updated first post!
enjoy.

#17: No icon Re: Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things. Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:43 am
    —
@ Chamberly

CF = CreatureFactory

It looks good, and works good. The only error you made here, is you criss-cross it all, and use multiple triggers for monsters.

Left to right and right to left, why? If it doesn't bother you, that's personal I guess.  For the first to rooms aka , the first 3 CF's I'd advice to use DISPATCHER.
This is written in the tutorial.  Trigger > Dispatcher. :  Dispatcher :  Dispatcher : EVENTS. use the tags in CF's here.

Edit if this is unclear, this will be covered in next tutorial

#18: No icon Re: Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things. Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 am
    —
So I'm wondering how it's an error when I criss-cross them and using multiple triggers for monsters when I thought I have it in the design of what I think as I wanted it to be?

The reason why I have the 2 upstart was just for the fun if the players enter the left will trigger the right and give them a surprise and vice versa.

& then for the other 2 for the larger box, they both trigger different monster.

I guess I have the unpopular ways of doing things. I like to be outside of the box. :/
Well, designed it for team play and not just single on that.

#19: No icon Re: Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things. Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:25 pm
    —
Oh, i did not know this was a map with a strategy behind it. The only reason I called it an ''error' is you should minimize redlines in your map, and make the overview clearly as possible.
Especially when you are further progressed and have medium - to big map, when you zoom up and down, it calms the eye to only see a few  ones. Dispatchers are created for this reason.

If this is your personal style, and feels comfortable to you. Than who I am to tell you  different. It works, that's what matters. Keep on going  :thumb:

#20: No icon Re: Terra's MonsterHunt tutorials and other things. Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am
    —
MONSTERHUNT TUTORIAL PART 2.2 Update!

- added more actors and monster stuff! The real monster thing! The health and pickups will come!
Please enjoy
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

destination Unreal -> Mapping Development and Skinning

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2