dU Server Hardware Crash [Update2]
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> dU.News

#1: Fight dU Server Hardware Crash [Update2] Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:14 am
    —
The dU server has a hardware fault which cant be repaired because of to old hardware.
The server hoster gives us a better server for the same money but he told me its a fresh installed one.
I asked him if it is possible to clone the old Harddrive to the new  one. I still wait for answer.

[Update 1] 8.9.21 - 11:38
The Hoster told me the hardware change was necessary  bceause of the Harddrive was crashed.
I have a backup of the server data, but it has to be all installed again. (Webinterface, Mail,  servers and and and) Sad

Btw, this is the new Hardware:
Old Hardware:
16 RAM
120Gb SSD
Intel i7 2600K

New :
2x 250 GB SSD (RAID)
32 GB RAM
Ryzen 1700x

[Update 2] 8.9.21 - 20:00
They installed the wrong OS, I still have to wait for the right one.  I think it will be tomorrow... Confused

I will keep you informed...

Wolfi Neutral

Last edited by BlackWolf on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: No icon Re: dU Server Hardware Crash [Update1] Author: Karlthegreat PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:39 pm
    —
Well, that's going to be a boatload of work. Hold tight.

#3: No icon Re: dU Server Hardware Crash [Update1] Author: EmperorHunterLocation: Somewhere in California PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:24 pm
    —
Hopefully everyone scores on the servers will be saved backup and everyone else can return to server to have fun I hope that all data can be saved and be transfer over safety without damage to the new one

#4: No icon Re: dU Server Hardware Crash [Update1] Author: Noxx-Zema PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:01 pm
    —
Thanks for the update.

#5: No icon Re: dU Server Hardware Crash [Update1] Author: DEXIE PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:09 pm
    —
thank you for the update,  I know this will be very time consuming.  Let us know if you need extra funds for the server, and we can get a special donation going.  Even though Im not able to play much atm due to work, I still appreciate all that you do to keep this server running.   Karl .. can you pop over there and get this going ? haha  Laughing  See you all in october , stay safe and stay healthy.
Dexie

#6: No icon Re: dU Server Hardware Crash [Update1] Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:27 pm
    —
EmperorHunter wrote (View Post):
Hopefully everyone scores on the servers will be saved backup and everyone else can return to server to have fun I hope that all data can be saved and be transfer over safety without damage to the new one

No data will be lost, backup from the important files is from ysterday night.  And the gameserver has nothing to do with the homepage stats ;)

WOlfi

[Automatic merged Post Wed Sep 08, 2021 20:30:]

DEXIE wrote (View Post):
thank you for the update,  I know this will be very time consuming.  Let us know if you need extra funds for the server, and we can get a special donation going.  Even though Im not able to play much atm due to work, I still appreciate all that you do to keep this server running.   Karl .. can you pop over there and get this going ? haha  Laughing  See you all in october , stay safe and stay healthy.
Dexie

Server will be come back soon... If the empty server is ready to install tomorrow, Then server should be up and running again by Friday evening at the latest. (I hope so Rolling Eyes )
At october the server will be 100% running like in the past :P

Wolfi

#7: No icon Re: dU Server Hardware Crash [Update2] Author: war PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:07 pm
    —
Good luck on server and data restore. Its such a mess if you dont have a full drive backup

destination Unreal -> dU.News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1