Players'(!) ideas/sugestions/thoughts/... for new maps
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> General Discussion

#1: No icon Players'(!) ideas/sugestions/thoughts/... for new maps Author: Doom PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 pm
    —
So i understood from Thunderbolt and Terra (at least they 2) that they would like to know our ideas/thoughts for new maps ... (i had in mind to do it enough long time ago when Thunder asked me on a topic of him, but i was too lazy, lately Terra asked also frequently for same ...)
So if you (see Terra? i try to write 100% correct with no short ... blah; as much as i can of course, thinking/having in mind my bad english ..) really want to know my ideas (and of all otehrs of course) about then Beware!  Laughing
well mine mainly would be about ambience/architecture/... rather than gameplay, game itself ...  (another reason why i didnt do it untill now/before is that i dont know specific (mapper's area/domain) terms but now i'll try as i can ...):
So, i have in mind / id like much:
-map/s with gothic/horror/.... ambience but NOT DOOM 3 style, i mean not SF, rather id like kinda fantasy, not sure is best word but ... anyway, dont worry, i dont necesary think to medieval-style, castle ... blah (Wolfi was right somehow, seems to be too much castles, but id still say, with some new ... not very sure, for example new sounds for monsters? to be more scarry? dont laugh pls! im serious about this) well dunno how to explain better than to give an another game example: Painkiller; wait wait, i dont say to copy another game/s but a bit of inspiration from, dont kill anybody!  Wink  Very Happy1 as much as possible of course, i know that Painkiller is some newer than UT, so i guess u cannt use/do anything what is in Painkiller to UT, but having it (Painkiller, but this only 1 ex. there r more this style games; this 1 i just know better) in mind and trying when you make a map, i think you can catch a bit from his atmosphere/ambience ...
-well no longer sure if to say any style i cannt say them well, rather to give only ex. as Painkiller above; so someth. Serious Sam-alike, wait, is again about ambience/architecture not about dumb monsters (how some people say about Serious Sam on web); so id like some exotic and antique sametime like in Serious Sam, but not necesary to be in Egypt too or on Aztec Empire ... but still an exotic/less know zone/place ... (cud be for example in ancient Thailand ... u can use temple from Thailand in maps); Ahh, maybe some from all these were already used; sorry if so but atm i knwo nothing about ...
-and last (what ive in mind atm) map/s using historical-RTS influences, lets say some houses and/or other things in maps, inspirated from AOE, Rise of Nations, ... blah too many, maybe even music from AOE (1!) ? i love a few songs from it :d (if they/its cand be used of course; if isnt about some legal/copyright implications ... blah)
(UT is rather SF style shooter id say, what i loved and still do, but sometimes i get bored about, and id like to see some variations ... others could think why then dont simply play Serious Sam, Painkiller, Age of ... well doesnt matter (now/atm) reasons, but isnt same ... id rather play a UT map SS-look/style than SS itself)
(anyway there is alot of other games u can inspirate from, newer ones, i gave only some few old ones ... but if you (all interested, not only Terra) got it, i mostly wud like someth. from the 3 main ... lets say styles i described above, or well, tried at least Razz)

Everyone is more than welcome to say his/her idea/s about or just to comment (good/bad ... doesnt matter))!

#2: No icon Re: Players'(!) ideas/sugestions/thoughts/... for new maps Author: Chaos PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 am
    —
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

some maps good or not i can edit see what you think.

#3: No icon Re: Players'(!) ideas/sugestions/thoughts/... for new maps Author: NECRIS PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:29 am
    —
I just LOVE temples and old nali-like placeswith BT tricks and traps in them, example=MH Shivnath or MH Tricky
I like to see some BT in MH maps whether its lore-like=MH WarshipSuperNova (tho i wish it had more obstacles), or something like MH Impossible is a nice thing to see. It is also a good thing to see BT for a special weapon like redemeer and so on....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now off with BT, i usually like atmospheric maps that have some logical and lore sense in them, usually those would be unreal 1 and unreal RTNP maps because its a rare thing to see an atmospheric map on MH servers though coop servers usually have them.

#4: No icon Re: Players'(!) ideas/sugestions/thoughts/... for new maps Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 pm
    —
Chaos wrote (View Post):
http://ut99maps.wordpress.com
some maps good or not i can edit see what you think.

We have enough maps here ->
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
(over 1500), and over 50% of them are good playable.. ;)

Wolfi

#5: No icon Re: Players'(!) ideas/sugestions/thoughts/... for new maps Author: Chaos PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:33 am
    —
I hate bt in MH maps , if i want bt i can go to a bt server, MH maps should be for hunting monsters or monster hunting (MH) not for wasting time trying to unlock a crap weapon,
The clue is in the name MH= hunt monsters BT=waste your life jumping about lool.  I only say this as i shit at BT. Surprised

#6: No icon Re: Players'(!) ideas/sugestions/thoughts/... for new maps Author: test PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:32 pm
    —
My suggestions for new maps are:

To Terraniux: More maps like the CrystalMine series (because of their smooth gamplay)
To everyone : More maps like ataa, but in a way that everyone likes (not obnoxious)
To everyone: More maps that give the classic UT feeling, such as assasination, gate X, hebereke gaiden, the great escape, dig, etc..

To the mappers here: And ofcourse more maps that are full of surprises and fun elements, example adventure night and purgatorium, ancient future, 7 tests, indina jones

And not to forget maps, that lets the player longer and say WE WANT MORE !!  Twisted Evil

destination Unreal -> General Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1