Return of the Duckie
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> Introduce Yourself

#1: Complicity Return of the Duckie Author: Ninja-DuckieLocation: London PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:11 am
    —
Well... hello.

I'm going to assume that, in the last year, everything has changed yet again and there's a whoooole bunch of new people I don't know.
So this is, essentially, a re-introduction for me. I guess we'd better get back to the beginning.

Looooong ago (in a galaxy, far, far away), when I was maybe 14 or 15, there was a Sniper Clan on UT99 called |BAH|. Buculae Admirandi Honoris... populated by Space Marines and wise-cracking adults. I was introduced by Catze (then MagicCat) and I felt right at home (under the nickname Dangermouse). Unfortunately, all good things come to an end, and so BAH was disbanded (eventually). I found out about that purely by chance, as I had been away from Unreal for quite a while with schoolwork.

Then, when I found out it was disbanded, I was pleased to see that the sense of community was not entirely lost; it had been revitalised into the earliest dU community. So I signed up as soon as possible under a new handle: EvilNinjaDuckie. 'Dangermouse' wasn't unique enough for me.  Through consistently regular play, I regained a sense of integrity with the other regulars, and was subsequently dubbed a junior Staff member. Operator status gave me a sense of powerful responsibility (and a snazzy player skin and dU. tag. I built the current logo in Photoshop. I even donated the server costs one month. Everything was going fine and dandy.

Once again, good things come to an end. Rival servers, emotions running high, people dealing with real life events, etc, led to Wolfi deciding it was time for an entire overhaul, and he more or less reset the entire site back to its roots, and rebuilt the staff roster from there.  People left, friendships started to decay, but the majority of us held strong, and I'm glad to see dU still running even today.  But back then, I just didn't have the time to devote to constant play any more, as I was starting university, and my laptop had started to give in to stress, and only barely ran UT successfully.

More recently (this year), I celebrated my 21st birthday, and with the money given me by my grandfather, was able to build my first gaming-dedicated desktop computer at a cost of ~£850.  However, I still had my university course to think about, especially as I was in my final year. So I focused on that, and played single-player games in my free time... Crysis, Arkham City, Just Cause, etc.

About a month ago, I finished my course, and a week ago, received my mark. I now have an upper second class (2:1) degree in Creative Writing, and subsequently way more time to devote to other things:- gaming is not the priority; I am still looking for full-time work and taking vocational classes, but there is certainly way more time to do stuff. So I feel like I'm more prepared to re-join the community, and apologise for my previous absences.

TL;DR

I was gone, now I'm back.
21 / M / London

#2: No icon Re: Return of the Duckie Author: killkioLocation: Villa Alemana PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 am
    —
Hello Welcome Back Duckie  Cool
congratulations on finishing your career,  Very Happy1

#3: No icon Re: Return of the Duckie Author: Ninja_Pirate PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:17 am
    —
Duckie! One of the original gang has returned! One more psychotic friend to tag along! I'm quite sure it was only me, you and Mouse who were made junior staff during the time(s) i've been here.

Glad to hear you finally have a gaming computer. Funny thing is, I got off Arkham Asylum just before coming onto the forums right now. I have Arkham City, but haven't got round to playing it yet. I also completed Just Cause 2 a few months back! I have far too many games now though. Steam sales really do that to you though. Especially if you have a high-end computer :(

I'm semi still around. I "quit" at the end of last year... again (What's that? About my 6th time, at least?). But I still drop by once in a while, if entertaining people are online. I'm re-applying for college at the moment, so I'll have less time for games, which means even less time for UT.

Anywho, good to see you back!

#4: No icon Re: Return of the Duckie Author: catzeLocation: berlin PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:36 pm
    —
awwwwwwwwwww, Duckie!
It's always nice to see you again.

How time flies!
And congratulations for your mark, whatever this means.
Am I still allowed to name you Duckie or have it to be Mr. Duck?

cuddle

#5: No icon Re: Return of the Duckie Author: Ninja-DuckieLocation: London PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16 am
    —
Killkio - I don't remember, but I think you're a new face to me... either way, it's sure nice to be welcomed. :D

NP - Yea, I'm only mildly surprised you're back again. We're like a bad habit for you. Someday you'll try and quit for real, and fail. :P

Catze - Yep, a 2:1 is the second highest degree mark you can get at university, so I am very happy. And 'Duckie' is fine, Razz

#6: No icon Re: Return of the Duckie Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:05 pm
    —
Hey Duckie, good to see you back.

B Smile

#7: No icon Re: Return of the Duckie Author: Data_Destroyer PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:45 am
    —
Welcome back Ninja Duckie!  wave

destination Unreal -> Introduce Yourself

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1