Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> dU.News

#1: No icon Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:35 pm
    —
New main and private servers are now running a new version of NexgenMH and dUMH. It will be rolled out to the other servers in a week or so.

The changes are:

- Make spectators 'ghost' the maps. You can now fly unrestricted around the maps.
- Teleporters now work for specs as well as players.
- Special Spec mode: To switch every XX second to another player automatically. (The new NexgenMH setting is there but it had an issue Sad its fixed on my version and just needs to be released again. )
- Sorted the on-screen HUD player list by score
- Restrict the deemer * char to 3
- Unreal health items currently only heal up to their default value instead of 350. Concerned classes are Health, Bandages, NaliFruit, SuperHealth.
- Prevent spectators from receiving UDamage.
- Shows who has ended game. "Game ended by XXXXX" instead of "Game Ended"
- BoomBoy CreatureFacture now added to Monsterfactory counter
- Prevent spectators from starting games.
- Add and un-stick routine for the Queens (Thanks to Denoma for this one)
- Change the way the monster names are displayed to stop FPS issues on larger maps (Thanks to Demona for this one)

If you see any problems then please post and let me know.

#2: No icon Re: Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:25 pm
    —
Lots of long awaited updates in here, that's awesome. :D

How do you teleport specs since they have no collisions? A timer loop that checks if specs are close to an active teleporter?

I remembered something else I wanted to see updated (I thought I had a text file for this, but it seems I don't :$):

Long ago the delay for skipping between actors with F5 (or mouse when spec) was slowed down, and now it's very tedious when you're looking for a particular player, or when a spec is trying to find the last monsters (and has to skip through birds, biter fishes, horse flies...).
What was the reason for this? Can it be set to normal delay again like on other (non-dU) servers?

#3: No icon Re: Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:57 pm
    —
Cyberia-Mix wrote (View Post):
Long ago the delay for skipping between actors with F5 (or mouse when spec) was slowed down, and now it's very tedious when you're looking for a particular player, or when a spec is trying to find the last monsters (and has to skip through birds, biter fishes, horse flies...).
What was the reason for this? Can it be set to normal delay again like on other (non-dU) servers?

Never known that it was delayed??!!

#4: No icon Re: Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: HellFireLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:29 pm
    —
Some nice changes there especially for the spectators (me) Very Happy1

- Shows who has ended game. "Game ended by XXXXX" instead of "Game Ended"
I'm afraid this was unnecessary since it's always Piro if you're going for a Team Record.

#5: No icon Re: Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:42 pm
    —
BlackWolf wrote (View Post):
Never known that it was delayed??!!

If you go spec any server (say multiplay ctf, siege, whatever) and use F5 to cycle through players, and then do the same on dU servers, on dU it takes much longer. Long ago it was fast on dU too, but at some point it got slow. I don't recall when it started, maybe when nexgen arrived or a bit after. But other servers that use nexgen (UM, siege...) have fast F5. So there must be a setting somewhere...

#6: No icon Re: Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: rork PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:33 am
    —
Good job!

I too had problems connecting the first time, I had to remove dumhv5_208.u, NexgenMH_211.u and NexgenXMH_211.u I guess I picked up the development versions somewhere.

#7: No icon Re: Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: -BoB-Location: England PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:44 am
    —
It's probably because you've been on the private server at some time. The dev versions are always install on there before release on the main servers.

#8: No icon Re: Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:22 pm
    —
Yesterday I joined the server when BW was active on main (great fun btw!), but I got lost connection several times, and one time it crashed the game. Is it me or has anyone this problem too?
It could be the temparature, if anyone except me has a stable connection.

#9: No icon Re: Server updates - dUMH208 and NexgenMH_211 Author: ChamberlyLocation: Vandora's Temple PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:05 am
    —
Sounds good. I did played on BT.NET server and they had some kind of work on F5ing to have no delay... don't know any more information about that, other than knowing that they banned me for no good reason.  Laughing

I did have some weird set up on my end for spectating using XConsole... awhile pressing F5 would allow me to run into monsters, I could use my setting to click on the mouse to view players and no monsters show up. Forgot what are the settings/codes tho.

I'll have to come by and check this out. Was playing DOTA2 haha.

destination Unreal -> dU.News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1