[New Map] CrystalMine 4 - Trance Editon
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

destination Unreal -> UT99 MonsterHunt Main Server

#1: No icon [New Map] CrystalMine 4 - Trance Editon Author: BlackWolfLocation: Berlin PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:00 pm
    —
Map has now moved from Mapping to main server!

Infos:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Enjoy
Wolfi

#2: No icon Re: [New Map] CrystalMine 4 - Trance Editon Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:55 pm
    —
Nice! Thanks!

#3: No icon Re: [New Map] CrystalMine 4 - Trance Editon Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:58 pm
    —
Like I said on the server here's what I saw:

- The giant door that separates the modern/cave area and the ancient/temple area has is partially unlit/black.

- The end titan can shoot through the mover wall. Needs a thicker wall. :P

Those are 2 minor bugs that are very easy to spot so I would think you were already aware of that.
I don't think I saw anything more serious. :)

Also I like the custom music used in the map.  IMO since the map itself is big, it's ok to have big music files. It's all about proportions. :P

Like I said also I would like to see more monsters in this map, because I think it plays too fast compared to the time & efforts you spent to build it. Proportions again. :P
IMO if a map was a lot of work for the mapper, it deserves to be long to play for a worthy return on investment, especially when it's pretty to look at. :D

#4: No icon Re: [New Map] CrystalMine 4 - Trance Editon Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:43 pm
    —
Cyberia-Mix wrote (View Post):
Like I said on the server here's what I saw:

- The giant door that separates the modern/cave area and the ancient/temple area has is partially unlit/black.

- The end titan can shoot through the mover wall. Needs a thicker wall. :P

Those are 2 minor bugs that are very easy to spot so I would think you were already aware of that.
I don't think I saw anything more serious. :)

Also I like the custom music used in the map.  IMO since the map itself is big, it's ok to have big music files. It's all about proportions. :P

Like I said also I would like to see more monsters in this map, because I think it plays too fast compared to the time & efforts you spent to build it. Proportions again. Razz
IMO if a map was a lot of work for the mapper, it deserves to be long to play for a worthy return on investment, especially when it's pretty to look at. Very Happy1

Agreed. I'll see what I can do. Let's make a [final] version. When it is ready, it just needs 1 more test on mapping, then BW can simply replace the .unr with the final. All other material in-and-external stays untouched.  Thanks!

#5: No icon Re: [New Map] CrystalMine 4 - Trance Editon Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:15 pm
    —
I would recommend that you put some custom monsters in your map.

When playing the map this morning I was thinking some glowing crystal tentacles would do nicely among the crystals on the ceiling.

You could also use the crystal titan boss from Thunderbolt's MH Imperial Base for the end of your map rather than a regular titan.

Some big skaarj statues in the purple end area would be cool too imo.

Just some ideas but the list goes on. Wink

I'll script the stuff you need so don't worry about that part.

Don't be afraid about having too many monsters either. AfterDark had a good balance imo so you can take it as an example. But if you want, it's always possible through factories to adjust the number of monsters to the number of players to always keep the same kind of gameplay.

Good luck!  Arrow

#6: No icon Re: [New Map] CrystalMine 4 - Trance Editon Author: Terraniux PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:02 pm
    —
Cool! *shaking hands with you*.
Yes if you want to make some custom monsters that would be awesome. Please, nothing obnoxious or something that give players an epileptic seizure. All my CM series have a shared theme/gameplay and I'd like to keep it that way. Some custom monsters would give it a cool twist, just nothing "too much".  Glowing tentacles and such are fine :D

About thunderbolts material, that is something I gotta ask TB first. But I think I stick with the current Titan and tweak it a little. Factories are indeed an excellent replacement for hordes of monsters.

Polishing some parts with extra deco are always good.

Thanks for the advice.

I'll start working on it whenever I see a fitting time schedule.

#7: No icon Re: [New Map] CrystalMine 4 - Trance Editon Author: Cyberia-MixLocation: irc://irc.epiknet.org/2LO PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:19 pm
    —
I don't think Imperial Base's crystal titan was made by Thunderbolt, afaik TB doesn't make monsters. It's just that I've never seen it elsewhere, so idk where it actually comes from.

Also yes I keep in mind the spirit of the map when making stuff lol. We'll discuss and try it together anyway. Thank you for accepting my contribution.  Wink

destination Unreal -> UT99 MonsterHunt Main Server

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1