Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm
DM-UTDMS-BULLFeartower2 New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 396 Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 am
Dogs & Cats Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 am
Black Adam Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm

Zacman the Damned MH Maps

destination Unreal Forum Index New Mapping Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Zacman_the_damned australia.png

UT Name: Zacman_The_Damned UT Since: 2006
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:03 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Zacman the Damned MH Maps

Hey, I'm Zacman, aka Zacman the Damned or ZacmanUT99, I've been playing on the DU MH Server last few weeks, and I thought I'd come and introduce myself with a little of my work  gift

World on Fire
(MH-(ZM)Inferno)
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

A smallish Industrial/Tech map, the first half will blaze by fairly quickly, however the end area is a long hard slog against a queen with some Scripted Sequences to make her all the harder to beat

Download:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

MH-(ZM)Wasteland

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

A Tech/battlefield style map, very dark, keep your wits about you so the Skaarj don't get the drop on you in the pitch black!

Download
Get registered or Log in

Hope you like my maps  Very Happy1

(P.S, Wasteland has no bot support due to some editor problems)
Back to top MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Supa_Angel hungary.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.Supa_Angel UT Since: 1999
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:15 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: Zacman the Damned MH Maps

Hey Zacman, and welcome here Smile Hope you have fun with us  Smile

From the screenshots, the maps doesn't look bad, i will try them when i will be able. Thanks for sharing!  Wink

angel  ~Angels are not only above us, they are also within us.~ angel

Get registered or Log in
POTS blank.png

votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:04 am

DELETED

Last edited by POTS on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:27 pm

POTS wrote (View Post):
Hello Zacman, nice to meet you.
I quickly checked out your maps and I have a few questions about them.

About MH-(ZM)Inferno: did you set a limit for the creature factories of the ending place with the Queen and the Warlords? Cause to me it seems like they keep on spawning skaarjs forever, which is a bit annoying.  Confused
Anyway the map looks nice, even if is short and there are way too many monsters for me. I only found a BSP error close to the starting point but it's not a big deal.

About MH-(ZM)Wasteland, I was not able to load the map onto a server, since it gives me the following client-side message if I try to download it as a player:
Can't find package AUSSIEAUSSIE
Now since I'm sure I added that package, do I need to add it also in the ServerPackages list? Could it be you added a wrong version of the pack?

This error, someone else reported, Im not sure what's caused it. This map wasn't tested online, and Im not entirely sure how the package ended up as part of the map (It was 2 AM when I finished it so I probably did something stupid with the sounds) I'll make a fix with the sounds removed. Also, Inferno has a limit of 180 of each, also, They can be stopped earlier, spawning triggering is attatched to the Queen's Scream, each time she screams it triggers another wave (Unless the last is already alive in which case it stacks up) so if the Queen screams 5 times for example and you then kill the queen and not the monsters, the monsters will keep spawning until you've killed 5 more waves.

<<EDIT>>
Ok, I don't know WHAT I did, but the maps BSP (Im going to fix various things, including the ludicrous poly count in the battlefield areas) is doing strange, strange things when I try move brushes around O_o (And I don't mean BSP wise, I mean the actual movement of the brush actor) Since this is FORCING me to copy and paste each brush INDIVIDUALLY into a new map, Im going to make massive changes (Honestly, this map, I was so lazy in some aspects... This gives me the chance to make massive revisions anyway) If anyone else has any other bugs to reprort, throw em at me  Very Happy1  Also, Adding the package to the serverpackages might help (I'll remove it anyway) since it was a voicepack I made way back when... But I'd just wait for the fixed/redone version  8)

Also, Inferno's BSP was unstable as hell. That BSP hole I could not get rid of, and I wasn't going to prod the BSP anymore (During one of the Alphas, there was a BSP hole that, if you touched it, would cause your vision to completely go berserk until the map changed  Shocked )
Back to top MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
BlackWolf germany.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.BlackWolf UT Since: 1999
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 pm

MH-(ZM)Inferno) & MH-(ZM)Wasteland are now on Mapping server for testing and bug hunting :P

Wolfi
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:55 pm

D: Nooo don't put wasteland, put Grave of the Machine, Wasteland is broken for Online I've been told by a few people.

Inferno is fine, and the other one is
Get registered or Log in
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 am

Sorry I've been away for so long, Real life got a bit hectic.

Anyway, what happened was I went to fix the file dependencies (They were useless, tied to an obscure, completely random event that, for some reason, I thought was a good idea to add in at last minute) and I thought "I'll just fix one or 2 other things that I don't like..." (Which I have a bad habit of doing) Anyway, when I originally made this map, I was lazy with the BSP. as soon as I touched a brush, well, only way to describe the BSP was Shitstorm. I got frustrated and decided it was probably better to remake the entire map, then life got busy and I never finished.

Anyway, here's a quick patch that will remove any dependencies on SoldierSkinsZacman.utx and Aussieaussie.u, making the map a lot cleaner. Maybe eventually I'll finish the remake, which will fix a lot of things I don't like. In the meantime, I'd advise no-one to touch the map, since the BSP tree is so corrupted you can't even move brushes in the 2D view anymore.

Wasteland fixed for online: (Map only)
Get registered or Log in

destination Unreal Forum Index   New Mapping Projects
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: