Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDMT-Gangland New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Club Smiley Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:45 pm
DM-UTDMS-BULLFeartower2 New Mapping Projects EvilGrins 0 Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:50 pm
Screenshots Thread UT Screenshots and Movies POTS 396 Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:49 am
Dogs & Cats Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:48 am
Black Adam Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:47 pm

Unknown Mutator
Goto page 1, 2  Next
destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems UT99 MonsterHunt Private Server
View previous topic :: View next topic 
SGTFrAnKo uruguay.png

UT Name: SGTFranko UT Since: 2007 Gender: Gender:Male

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:38 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: Unknown Mutator

Ah..if u kno some mercenary's(not skaarj)scripted pawns or some cool stuff like swat or sumthin tell me
(i have the idea to put mercenary's as the final boss in my map ^^ )
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
DELETED germany.png

UT Name: K.A.A.L.

votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:32 am

Maybe you should check the readmes for online compability of the weapons.
And for the pawns checkout MH-LiandriConflict where the bots jump around with the XidiaMPack.u file
which also contains the U2 assault rifle ... .
Zacman_the_damned australia.png

UT Name: Zacman_The_Damned UT Since: 2006
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:24 pm

It's not the U2 one, it's the Combat Assault Rifle for U1 Return to Na Pali expansion. Xidia content in MH is very buggy, because it was originally designed for SP (I'd bet over half of you never played the original Seven Bullets mod it came from :/)

<<EDIT>>
SGTFrAnKo wrote (View Post):
im making a own map with over 130 weapons! ^^

I STRONGLY advise against this!! More weapons means more packages, which means:

-More to download for players, no-one likes sitting and waiting for an hour for a shitton of packages to download. Also, users like me in countries with shitty DL limits for internet will be charged an arm and a leg for the download
-More chance of Version mismatches, many players will get a mismatch and have to uninstall the mods to play, very anoying

Also, think the practicality.

Weapon slots:
1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|0
Ten slots
One hundred and Thirty weapons

Mouswheel weapon scrolling will be completely screwed over, and even tapping keys, thats THIRTEEN weapons PER SLOT!!!! Changing between weapons will be a NIGHTMARE! And honestly, NO-ONE will use all those weapons

I reccomend something more like 10, 15 weapons at the max, from maybe 2 or 3 mods, no more, and try stick with a theme, e.g. Realism mods, really, 130 weapons will be near unplayable :/
Back to top MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor
SGTFrAnKo uruguay.png

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Ehm....dear zac...the total of the 130 weapons(aprox)is a download of only 25-30mb(a large common map)^^
and the weapons are hidden(no probs taking them all and searching them in weapons slot)
Look..u have to find a secret teleporter to head the "secret weapons room" there are all the weapons..anyways obviously i put weapons on start...(in other way,with WTF they can fight?)
And honestly...i dont have any prob to find the weapons...bind them and ya ^^
ehm mate...no version mismatches ^^(the weapons are the latest version)and i fixed the possible version mismatches based in players of DU
and u didnt will loose a arm or leg to try...i have a lowest internet than u! (The dinosaur/56k modem)and it downlaoded in 1:30 ^^(all the archives)
anyways is a beta for a while..
This is the link..downlaod it and try..u will see of what im talking ^^
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:05 pm

I mean Download LIMITS. Myself, I have a limit of 3GB for $50, so I have to be careful what I spend. And if they're hidden, even less reason to have them in the map  Confused  and just because you have the latest version doesn't mean players will. It uses too much space to be practical, even the most ginormous maps don't have that many
Back to top MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
SGTFrAnKo uruguay.png

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Zacman_the_damned wrote (View Post):
I mean Download LIMITS. Myself, I have a limit of 3GB for $50, so I have to be careful what I spend. And if they're hidden, even less reason to have them in the map  Confused  and just because you have the latest version doesn't mean players will. It uses too much space to be practical, even the most ginormous maps don't have that many

Erm..mate i have download limits too 4GB x $25 but..man..only 25-30mb all the weapons -.-' and if u need some files i can give them to u,actually hyperion is testing the map,at the 1st time she needed some files,no prob,i give them to her..i can do the same with u..u only have to ask
And obviously she kno the location of the weapons room..u can too ^^
isnt too hard to find a "Teleporter behind a screen" -.-'
And the map isnt too large,it only contain some bosses(actually 1(beta) )
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Well it should be large for that many weapons, give the player a reason to use them.

destination Unreal Forum Index General Server Chat or Problems   UT99 MonsterHunt Private Server
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: