Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Reliving the past- about dU General Discussion Terraniux 16 Fri May 10, 2024 1:04 am
General View latest post
female dU Player Photos male Introduce Yourself Terraniux 315 Tue May 07, 2024 4:34 am
Terraniux View latest post
Dragon Warrior Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:42 pm
EvilGrins View latest post
Colors Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 am
Orcs all around Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 am
CHUCK NORRIS Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 pm

How about new MH maps ?
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
destination Unreal Forum Index New Mapping Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic 
DELETED germany.png

UT Name: K.A.A.L.

votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: How about new MH maps ?

I seriously did never steal anything except candys from my parents!
The uploads are mostly collection packages or hard work and the ban was for another reason.
I really dont understand how certain guys dare to suck me on purpose ... .

BTW - gopostal? isnt there a terrible spam hack which discredits the unrealeditor out with that name ...?
Zacman_the_damned australia.png

UT Name: Zacman_The_Damned UT Since: 2006
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Um no, there is not, and that was the worst and most obvious attempt at discrediting someone as a spambot I've seen  Confused
Back to top MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
-BoB- uk.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.BoB UT Since: 2005
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:34 pm

I have to admit, most of the stuff that Kaal posted in that other thread I had no idea what he was trying to achieve or show us.
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Kaal has caused trouble in a lot of places, hijacking other ppls mods as his own, and when accused, (As we saw above) Reacting with insults and/or slurring/accusations/etc. to the accusing party. (And that other thread rather proves "His" mods aren't his own since he doesn't even know how to create his own class, not that Im unhappy to teach, quite the contrary) Anyway, enough from me here... I don't want to derail the thread any further, so,

[/offtopic]

@Terraniux: Of course mappers are still here  Cool  You just have a lot like Team Red Nemesis, the 2DSP team and Creavion who spend years working on each release to make it ZOMGW00T  Laughing
Back to top MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
DELETED germany.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:54 pm

What? - Does that mean you missed downloading my ultimate(!) character and weapon collection packs???
They are a absolute MustHave for each UT user ... .
-BoB- uk.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.BoB UT Since: 2005
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Kaal979 wrote (View Post):
What? - Does that mean you missed downloading my ultimate(!) character and weapon collection packs???
They are a absolute MustHave for each UT user ... .

My = your original work? or someone else's?
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sponsor
DELETED germany.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 pm

No - the skin collections are from any source I found.
Since Im a trained character designer I think its nice to have themed packs which harmonize.
But e.g. the WeirdCorps skins are made by myself ... .

EDIT: Im sure that also the skin creators themselfes like the packs and their texts are of course included.
DELETED germany.png

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Heres a nice video of the WeirdCorps skins in action!
I indeed use somebodys map but its just all non commercial .... .

Link
DELETED germany.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

I have a damn good idea - why not take the maps from EXUBatShitInsane
just overall brighten them abit add some monsterhunt and UT actors and rock the gametype?
These maps are simply hot! I hope the creator shows cooperative ... .
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:43 pm

just overall brighten them abit add some monsterhunt and UT actors and rock the gametype?

NO

EXU is VERY dependant on custom gametype code Health Piuckups, etc. and stuff like Mutators and possibly the MH gametype could ruin it.

Also, SP maps have progressive inventory, so maps would have ammo for weapons that aren't in them. They'd also require the EXU core files (Which are a pretty freakin large DL) to be put them

PLEASE leave SP maps for SP and Coop. DO NOT convert them to MH, I beg you, I have seen the absolute DISASTERS that come from this. Leave SP to be SP unless the actual author of the SP map Converts it PERSONALLY, Swapping them with each other like that is just going to end up disasterous. Also, changing brightness=Rebuilds, and as Waff has said, this will cause BSP Shitstorms, and mass brightening lights=BAD IDEA, you would need to go through and edit Each light INDIVIDUALLY, or the lighting will blow.

Please... just make your own maps... Honestly, people seem convinced that making Quality maps is some impossible feat, and so we end up with hundreds of cubemaps and Ripoffs from other gametypes (I've seen CTF maps converted for MH, WTF) You want EXU-Style in MH? Make your own maps. It's more rewarding, and you don't risk an apocalypse of bugs and errors and incompatibilities.

Also, EXU is not even complete yet, so you'd be converting potentially buggy maps >:/
DELETED germany.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Was just a idea - I actually dont like the maps darkness
and also not the weapons and pickups but the remaining is cool.
Is it actually possible to play EXU coop style with bots btw ... ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Trust me... Converting SP maps to MH is a horrible idea. I've played SP and MH versions of a few maps (Ortician, Attacked: The long run <Became>) They're... completely screwed. It's a terrible idea. Making new maps or PROPER Reduxing of Unreal/RTNP maps is a LOT better.
Sponsor
Waffnuffly blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:10 pm

Please do not do this; I have future plans for doing my own sort of Monsterhunt-style gametype after EXU2's singleplayer campaign is finalized and released. You'd be wasting your time to make a conversion like that right now, and I won't permit it.

As said, EXU2 is not even complete yet - there's only a (fourth) demo out. The demo was only released a few months ago, and it's already incredibly outdated by current code. There's also an extraordinary amount of background code interwoven through all the maps, stuff that you can't just rip out to turn turn them into standard MH maps. Leave this stuff to me; I know the whole mod in intimate detail, so naturally I can do a much better job at any sort of "conversion" when it comes time.

Patience. The final WILL come. I'm busting ass every day getting stuff done, but there's a ton of work left to do. Once that's all finished, we'll see about extra gametypes.
DELETED germany.png

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks though!
But considering the actual popularity of MonsterHunt
it would be nice to have at least one EXU map.
Cyberia-Mix france.png

dU.Mapper
dU.Mapper

UT Name: Demona UT Since: 2000
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:37 am

Zacman_the_damned wrote (View Post):
Also, changing brightness=Rebuilds, and as Waff has said, this will cause BSP Shitstorms

Where did you get this idea from? You're not touching geometry with lighting, so even if you had to expect BSP bugs after you rebuild, that would mean the BSP was at fault from the start, not the lighting changes.

Zacman_the_damned wrote (View Post):
Please... just make your own maps... Honestly, people seem convinced that making Quality maps is some impossible feat, and so we end up with hundreds of cubemaps and Ripoffs from other gametypes (I've seen CTF maps converted for MH, WTF) You want EXU-Style in MH? Make your own maps. It's more rewarding, and you don't risk an apocalypse of bugs and errors and incompatibilities.

This is really not that easy, you know.
There are people who simply don't have the patience to learn. They have their favorite maps, and MH is their favorite gametype, so mixing both has to be good right? RIGHT?
Different kind of players will give you different answers.
I don't like careless MH ports either. I wish people would make their own stuff instead of this. And it's not gonna happen.
Reasons being:
> People making bad ports would be making bad maps instead. Not much of a difference at this point.
> You can't really consider this a wrong thing when bad maps, including bad ports, usually get as much success as good ones.

I can make a lazy port of CTF-Command anytime with large scoring possibilities to ensure it gets widely popular, and this could pretty much be all I ever wished for.

You just can' t randomly ask people to raise the bar when they find no gain to it.
Back to top Visit poster's website
Sponsor
DELETED germany.png

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm
PostPost subject:No icon HellFireCannon

I found out how you can simply add the HellFirecannon from MH-LandsOfNaPali to own maps.
Just use the map as base and watch to save the original mylevel stuff which contains this weapons code ... .
DELETED germany.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:14 pm
PostPost subject:No icon MH-WARENA

Yesterday during the night I thought about a map with the golden WarBoss as boss.
Therefore I thought that the Visor bots make good troops (with the UC2 rifles ...).
Now after turning the scenario in many ways I came to the best idea since the release of MH!
I will from now on collect any thinkable battlefield traps and put them in a cool tech training facility.
Imagine it like this: your group eliminates a watchtower crew passses and spots new heavy attackers.
Then there be some nice cover areas in which your groups retreats not seeing the cunning WarBoss
who opened another window in the back of the tower and starts headshooting.
There are many other trap possibilities like e.g. mines which can be spectacular inscened.
Also good is the possible unit spawning with counter which triggers new creaturefactories after the previous were terminated.
There are also other cool characters like the brutes or the V1134 which can be skinned to fit the armies look.
I hope the idea of copying the bots into the sevenb/xidiampack weaponholder pawn class will work properly ... .

EDIT: Who knows more about the alarmpoints?
Are they some kind of reach target after spawning ...?
Terraniux netherlands.png

UT Name: Terraniux UT Since: 1999

votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:01 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: MH-WARENA

Yesterday during the night I thought about a map with the golden WarBoss as boss.
Therefore I thought that the Visor bots make good troops (with the UC2 rifles ...).
Now after turning the scenario in many ways I came to the best idea since the release of MH!
I will from now on collect any thinkable battlefield traps and put them in a cool tech training facility.
Imagine it like this: your group eliminates a watchtower crew passses and spots new heavy attackers.
Then there be some nice cover areas in which your groups retreats not seeing the cunning WarBoss
who opened another window in the back of the tower and starts headshooting.
There are many other trap possibilities like e.g. mines which can be spectacular inscened.
Also good is the possible unit spawning with counter which triggers new creaturefactories after the previous were terminated.
There are also other cool characters like the brutes or the V1134 which can be skinned to fit the armies look.
I hope the idea of copying the bots into the sevenb/xidiampack weaponholder pawn class will work properly ... .

EDIT: Who knows more about the alarmpoints?
Are they some kind of reach target after spawning ...?

If I remember correctly, they are triggered events when players reach a selected point.
So a pawn knows where to go and observe.
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor

destination Unreal Forum Index   New Mapping Projects
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: