Welcome to destination Unreal
Please sign in Here or Register
warning  Welcome to destination Unreal, To access all areas of this site please register an account by clicking here now. warning

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
CTF-UTDM-DoomsJustice Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 am
EvilGrins View latest post
Possible shutdown of epic game servers General Discussion EmperorHunter 5 Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 pm
Eternity View latest post
Reliving the past- about dU General Discussion Terraniux 17 Sat May 11, 2024 1:50 pm
Eternity View latest post
Mirror Universe skin Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Sat May 11, 2024 12:49 pm
female dU Player Photos male Introduce Yourself Terraniux 315 Tue May 07, 2024 4:34 am
Terraniux View latest post
Dragon Warrior Mapping Development and Skinning EvilGrins 0 Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:42 pm

Map conclusions

destination Unreal Forum Index Unreal Tournament General Unreal Tournament UT99
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Miks romania.png

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: New dU Star wars Map

Yeah, looking at these screenshots I have conclusions:

Design:
- 1st place Thunderbolt;
- 2nd Terraniux;
- and so on;
Based on latest checks.

Monster issues ? ....  pethead Map is not ready yet.
test blank.png

votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Miks wrote (View Post):
Yeah, looking at these screenshots I have conclusions:

Design:
- 1st place Thunderbolt;
- 2nd Terraniux;
- and so on;
Based on latest checks.

Monster issues ? ....  pethead Map is not ready yet.

nice idea from you there!.
I'd like to know what other's lists are too.

My list would be:

1 Terraniux -> CrystalMine 3
2 Hellfire -> SevenTests / AncientFuture
3 Thunderbolt -> Egyptian~~~~~2011/2012
4 Zackman -> his latest map, forgot what its called.
5 ..

There is no mapper better than the other, just personal preferences is what count(s). Everyone deserves the same amount of credit.
Good work mappers so far!
Hook usa.png

UT Name: Hook UT Since: 1999
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Test, that is an excellent view on mappers.
Mine also! Smile

= Hook =
Forum:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Servers: CROSSBONES Missile Madness CMM
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt CMH (by Mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Sponsor
test blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Hook wrote (View Post):
Test, that is an excellent view on mappers.
Mine also! Smile

Thanks!
Any favorite picks from you? Your favorite DM's maps too?
test blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 am

It is a post of personal preferences, and hook confirmed it.
U dare to say that we are saying are not our favorite picks? Just because your new thread doesn't get the attention for 5 minutes, and we think that Terraniux should be placed on top instead of you? Hook is 57, much older and wiser than you will ever be.
Miks romania.png

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:23 pm
PostPost subject:No icon Re: Map conclusions

First of all Mr. Tester I didn't opened a thread yet here, topic was moved (maybe to develop different points of view). I'll open a topic when I see something strange and less known by me or some new ideea triggered even by other players, developers.

There are younger people here than Hook, even Bob has 38 years old (like me) Wolfi - 41. If you start a trash against ages maybe you should show some age of yours, without to show your details you just make people to believe that you are just hidding something (maybe you have a ban somewhere since you are hidding, no so important details but is a note in this case since you have seems to have a problem with me an my tastes, useless normally  Confused ).

Return to topic (to not be off-topic, LOL)
Even with a few issues (based on desire to bring interesting things) TB has a special style of design - he is forcing engine a bit, but there are extreme designed maps, done. Teraniux is a designer as well, even the same (I have the right to have the wrong point), no problem, but is a bit too exagerate with crystals. I gotta admit, they are cute but not excessive. Subjects must be changed before to make people bored, no offence, no nothing, just my point (NVM anyway).

Zacman subject ?
I want some light before to start wearing glasses - design good indeed - but I need to save my eyes - yeah, you read well, at 38 years I don't wear glasses either...

And if you need to talk more I'm ready for any IM private discution.  wave because if you want some argue, yes, IM is for debates, you can swear me there or anything you want. Leave this forum alone  eyewink ...

Other tastes are welcomed (I guess)...  Cool
Sponsor
test blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Quote:
It is a post of personal preferences, and hook confirmed it.
U dare to say that we are saying are not our favorite picks? Just because your new thread doesn't get the attention for 5 minutes, and we think that Terraniux should be placed on top instead of you? Hook is 57, much older and wiser than you will ever be.

This post was ment for Thunderbolt, not you miks.

Quote:
no so important details but is a note in this case since you have seems to have a problem with me an my tastes, useless normally   ).

Since when do I have a problem with you?. You make yourself think that I have a problem with you. Did you drunk again, like the previous times?
And for the record, I ain't hiding anything. I am just a big fan of terraniux's work, sir. Test is just a nickname, due the environment I mostly work in real life.

Yes, lets get back on topic shall we?
BlackWolf germany.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: dU.BlackWolf UT Since: 1999
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:33 pm

test wrote (View Post):
[quote]Yes, lets get back on topic shall we?

Would be better for the Topic.... would be bad to close it  Twisted Evil

Wolfi

Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
Miks romania.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm extremely agree, but as fan of Teraniux as well, and doing tests, I noticed a few troubles to be fixed, eh nobody needs to feel hurt or something, are just discutions around a subject like should be in a forum.

Don't get wrong this personal mapping top (is just in my mind), indeed I forgot to say about old maps and old mappers doing great stuff (even SP maps - some of them are truly awsome), but is far of TB topic to talk about other things. A few members said "Nice", yeah, I'm agree, even are No. 1 (at design), other issues in these maps and others as well (since is other topic now) I prefer to not talk. Why to not talk ? Because I don't want to disturb anybody about small nothings, I keep them for me and I'll fix them for Local Play - no testing in servers with "collectors", no public advertising, no adress, just the game and visiting even original here at DU to compare contents (reaction of monsters in purpose). After playing enough, I get rid of them (I need to buy another HDD finally).
Sponsor
rork netherlands.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: Rork UT Since: 2003

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:37 pm

The topic deserves it's own thread indeed.

Hm, is it about mappers or maps?

I think Derdak2Rot and Scruffy ought to be mentioned putting lots of work in well developed maps.

Knowing Terraniux since he started mapping it's really great to see where he is now, AdventureNights and CrystelMine3 are pretty awesome, the latter certainly from a design point of view. AfterDark and Purgatorium are simpler designs but still well finished. He definately deserves a place at the top.

Hellfire produces well finished maps also, see for example LostParadise. And I can also mention
Get registered or Log in
but I'm not very familiar with his work.

These mappers have made it into my top something.

Thunderbolts productivity and ideas are good but he often lacks in finishing the map, a few hours of aligning textures and more eye for lighting etc. would do him good. Still, he certainly has potential and looking at the screens of the StarWars map he might be ready to enter the top soon.

Don't know where to place HTD, his sudden overload of maps (all around the same formula) show a lot of variety and seem to be plain technical rather then outstanding design.

Chaos seems to be somewhere upwards on the learning curve I'd place Zacman around the same spot, Evil Grins (and I) are still on the start of the curve but no worries about that.

The best way to kill skaarj is to flak it while it leaps towards you.
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cyberia-Mix france.png

dU.Mapper
dU.Mapper

UT Name: Demona UT Since: 2000
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:58 pm

rork wrote (View Post):
Don't know where to place HTD, his sudden overload of maps (all around the same formula) show a lot of variety and seem to be plain technical rather then outstanding design.

HumanPreys, Skaarj-Beta and EgyptianTemple have quite good design and architecture.
Back to top Visit poster's website
Miks romania.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:40 am

Yeah, I saw many "HTD" I prefer S3TC textures HIGH-END for good looking generally (much better). Were a few problems (first time were funny, later pissed me off) Second "Spawn Pionts" enabled even wasn't any Second in that time, repeat, repeat, repeat, Is a bullshit spam in HUD useless and nothing interesting, "Aleins forces have landed" - they were already killed, LOL - another broadcasted spam this time, I was curious about BSP holes if they could be fixed - YES, I solved them for my fun without BlockAll. The guy have to work at triggering side as well (the easier part, LOL - player doesn't need to be spammed with the same thing). Is a bit tricky to make second spawnpoint correctly to work in Local party without to spawn player in unwanted area Very Happy1 . I know what is about - is for coding topic not here, LOL, I need to be in topic so I won't debate the subject, Very Happy1.

Also I don't talk about Bot Support for MH Maps - you have no fun; but I cannot talk about even Monster Support since here is a problem with A.I. paths, LOL - this is I guess for covering less skills in handling default UT99 stuff fo monsters: State Patroling, Guarding, Ambushing, Retreating to Base, Triggering Help, Shooting an objective to make hard things for player with closing a door, etc. More ideeas can be developed but we want only monsters camping useless - not a good fight, so we can let things as they are continuig to say "great" "cool" "awsome". Maybe they are and I'm the only idiot, then I apologise in advance.

Anyway last 2 years a lot of maps and less maps "exploded", I'm glad to see interest for UT99.
Sponsor
rork netherlands.png

dU.Staff
dU.Staff

UT Name: Rork UT Since: 2003

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Miks wrote (View Post):
More ideeas can be developed but we want only monsters camping useless - not a good fight, so we can let things as they are continuig to say "great" "cool" "awsome". Maybe they are and I'm the only idiot, then I apologise in advance.

I second that, you can get that at SP/Coop packs but those won't be fun with 20 players though.

The best way to kill skaarj is to flak it while it leaps towards you.
Back to top Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hook usa.png

UT Name: Hook UT Since: 1999
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Oh, just to clarify what I was meaning above. (I think people mis-understood what I stated)

Although, yes, I really do like Terraniux's maps, and mik's also, when I stated above...
"Test, that is an excellent view on mappers.
Mine also!"

I was mainly referring to this portion that test posted...
"There is no mapper better than the other, just personal preferences is what count(s). Everyone deserves the same amount of credit.
Good work mappers so far!"

Sorry for the confusion. Confused

= Hook =
Forum:
Get registered or Log in

Servers: CROSSBONES Missile Madness CMM
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt CMH (by Mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Back to top Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/destinationUnreal/68568886767
test blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Hook wrote (View Post):
Oh, just to clarify what I was meaning above. (I think people mis-understood what I stated)

Although, yes, I really do like Terraniux's maps, and mik's also, when I stated above...
"Test, that is an excellent view on mappers.
Mine also!"

I was mainly referring to this portion that test posted...
"There is no mapper better than the other, just personal preferences is what count(s). Everyone deserves the same amount of credit.
Good work mappers so far!"

Sorry for the confusion. Confused

No problem, it is already cleared up. Cool
Sponsor

destination Unreal Forum Index Unreal Tournament General   Unreal Tournament UT99
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: